i tunned my les paul studio with an electric tuner that tunes my silvertone strat perfectly fine but my les paul sounds out of tune could it be the bridge im open to any suggestions
go into a guitar shop and ask them to set it up for you
"Tuning... who the f*** needs tuning?!"
Intonation. If not that, maybe you're putting too much/little pressure on the string?
Signatures are overrated.
as far as i know the inotation is how well it is tuned all the way down the neck if that makes sense, to check it play the open string and if its in tune then go down to the 12th fret (a octave up) and play the note, if that isnt in tune with the open string then youll need to adjust it

heres a good link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOsy5KtD7JE

hope that helps
Quote by edusty2010
fixed

Do you even know what trolling is?

Definitely sounds like an intonation problem. You could just do it yourself. There a tutorial on this website. Search it up in the columns section.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Intonation is when the guitar is tuned differently as you go higher up the fretboard, one way to see if if you have an accurate tuner check your tuning at open and then try it at the 12th fret, best bet is to bring it in and have it all set up properly.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
your truss rod might need adjusting, your neck might be too convex or concave, thats what happened to mine, then i adjusted the truss rod, and now it sounds great
Quote by SupremeACL
Do you even know what trolling is?

Honestly I was just joking, sorry I came off like an ass but yeah I'd say it's intonation, that really had my guitar f'd up for a while. Maybe take it to a shop this time, but you should really learn how to do it yourself, it's about the easiest thing to do and doesn't take long at all.
yea i just bought it used for 180 but brandnew it was like360 so i thoght it was a good idea im gonna watch the dude fix it so i no what im doing
Quote by Jakek
as far as i know the inotation is how well it is tuned all the way down the neck if that makes sense, to check it play the open string and if its in tune then go down to the 12th fret (a octave up) and play the note, if that isnt in tune with the open string then youll need to adjust it

heres a good link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOsy5KtD7JE

hope that helps

thx this helped a lil
if ur guitar is out of tune at the 12th fret, it will make ur solos sound wrong.

SETTING INTONATION: from icepoint...
Most electric guitars provide individual string length adjustment for setting intonation. Fine tuning this length insures that your guitar plays in tune all the way up and down the neck.

Using an electronic tuner, tune your guitar to pitch.
One string at a time, play the harmonic at the 12th fret and then play the fretted 12th fret note.
If the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, increase the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic shorten the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
Repeat the procedure on all strings until the harmonic and the fretted notes are the same

# 2 in the picture.

if you cant get a harmonic then compare the open string to the fretted 12th.
and retune the open string after each adjustment.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
oh yea the intonation was perfect by the way whcich is good and i tuned it perfect but i tuned the strings wrong it was in tune its just the high e was a B and weird **** like that haha my bad i just thought the string was in tune when hte light lit up which is what the directions said haha but yea it has to match up with the right letter when im tuning it sorry
Quote by the-leperchaun
oh yea the intonation was perfect by the way whcich is good and i tuned it perfect but i tuned the strings wrong it was in tune its just the high e was a B and weird **** like that haha my bad i just thought the string was in tune when hte light lit up which is what the directions said haha but yea it has to match up with the right letter when im tuning it sorry

Wow. This is going in the "Dumbest things a guitarist has told you" thread.
Quote by the-leperchaun

Wow..............................-____-

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by the-leperchaun

and it took you a YEAR to figure this out?

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by the-leperchaun
yea i just bought it used for 180 but brandnew it was like360 so i thoght it was a good idea im gonna watch the dude fix it so i no what im doing

Are you sure its a Les Paul Studio?
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Quote by Pac_man0123
It's not unlikely that it's an epiphone...

That's what I was thinking...
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22