hey ppl, i have been playing for about a year and a half, and i have been playing on crappy kmart guitars, and a ibanez gax gio, that (like what teenagers say after they get back hung over from a bar) seemed like a good idea at the time. even through my inexperience i have grown out of them. Right now i am in a rut. i am going to do the talent show at my school and both of my former guitars are broken (long story), and all i can afford at the time is a squier. i am looking for something with a humbucker in bridge position, easy playability, a maple fingerboard, and 22 frets, that is less than 250 bucks? i need to know before the 17th, my little band/group is supposed to practice then, and i would like to be heard. the sound is not much of an issue, but it needs to have decent playability. if someone could direct me to a place online with it, or suggest a similar guitar and similar price, please! oh yeah it needs to have a twin point synchronous tremelo. and lastly can anyone tell me how to put a standard floyd rose on it (no need to recommend the super vee, ive already bought a floyd without knowing about the vee). thanks.https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=26#
I'm not sure there are many guitars out there like that and for that price. It looks like you're looking in the $500-600 range :/. You should consider borrowing a guitar from a friend or renting one from a shop until the concert is over. This decision is a little expensive for such little time to look at your options. What sound are you looking for?
yeah dude instead of getting something NOW when your gunna hate it in a month after the show just wait and get something decent.
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
thanks, but the only friend that i have that has a guitar has a bc rich mocking bird that sounds sweet, but is hard to play and and its condition is... sub par to say the least, but he never plays it, so its intonation is terrible. I am pretty much broke, and am not nearly in the condition to take 500 precious dollars from the bank. oh and by the way i love very edgy sounds. i play alot of early ozzy osbourne with randy rhoads, and van halen, but i doubt either of the tones will be very cheap. thanks though.
this is answering ilovemsg. dude, if you knew how little money i have, and the crappiness of my old guitars, you'd see how desperate i am, and ive tried them out before, there pretty sweet, but the sound is very sub par. but of course hard rockers like i like loudness, and my viewers are dumb guitar hero playing middle schoolers, who couldnt tell the difference between tone, and dog crap.
sorry dude im sorry to hear that but you said who can tell the difference in your tone?

you can!

i mean, whatever works for you, if i got a dollar everyday from the magic dollar giver tree thing or whatever i would save all my little dollars to get something bigger and better.

but if your keeping it low key and just school talent show then go for it bro
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Maybe you can check out some Ibanez's. They're not my style but the quality is great for the price. Or maybe your setup is the problem, a good distortion or overdrive pedal can make a world of difference.
wait... youve got a point there SG man. but if i really need to change the tone i can switch the pickups later.
well yeah thats true pickups can save you
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by 5150rando
this is answering ilovemsg.

ilovemsg?
hahahahahahahahaha that's awesome.

But seriously, if you don't care about sound, it doesn't really look like you're ready to be playing shows. I know it's just a little mediocre talent show but it doesn't sounds like you're taking it seriously if you don't care what you sound like. I'd say save your money and buy something worthwhile.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
(answering shred for bread) well its mostly to show off for my peers, like randy rhoads said once, his live solo in the diary of a madman tour was something he wasnt particularly proud of, like my live solo and my little groups performance, and that he was just showing off for the headbangers, instead of playing a classical guitar piece that is truly talented. thats all im for right now, gaining recognition besides my old video game geekiness (long story, but i gave up video games to play guitar) ive done a talent show before with a little 6 inch speakered squier practice amp, with the controls on neutral, and at the time i was only a half a year of experience on guitar, and everybody said i was fine. Now its a year later and i have expanded my horizons on the guitar, but still im not even able to afford a standard epiphone. A squier as i have described up there is something im looking for. I have seen ones online with everything but the maple fretboard, which i prefer. and as for my tone, dude i will forge that later because i like squiers, and they are very affordable. im just simply asking if anyone knows where i could obtain one with all those features. tone is important, but playability and being able to play is number one in my book.
No maple fretboard, but beggars can't be choosers....besides maple board seem to be getting rarer and rarer these days.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-PAC112J-Electric-Guitar?sku=511077

Better than an equivalent priced Squier.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by 5150rando
thanks it looks pretty good but do you know of any that have synchronous tremelos?

You mean a traditional strat-type trem? The Pacifica has one of those.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
You mean a traditional strat-type trem? The Pacifica has one of those.
well not exactly. some of the squiers i saw online had synchronous trem systems. not exactly sure what the difference is but its supposed to keep it in tune better, which is what i live for, because i am a very heavy wammy user, and if it can stay in tune then fine with me.
Quote by 5150rando
well not exactly. some of the squiers i saw online had synchronous trem systems. not exactly sure what the difference is but its supposed to keep it in tune better, which is what i live for, because i am a very heavy wammy user, and if it can stay in tune then fine with me.

Sadly you're not going to get anything that stays in tune particularly well unless you pretty much double the budget, but the Pacifica trem is serviceable enough, it's certainly no worse than the Squier trems. It's not great for whammy abuse, but no vintage style trem is until you start getting to the likes higher end Wilkinson models with roller nuts. You could improve matters considerably by upgrading to locking tuners at a later date though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Sadly you're not going to get anything that stays in tune particularly well unless you pretty much double the budget, but the Pacifica trem is serviceable enough, it's certainly no worse than the Squier trems. It's not great for whammy abuse, but no vintage style trem is until you start getting to the likes higher end Wilkinson models with roller nuts. You could improve matters considerably by upgrading to locking tuners at a later date though.
i once put a locking nut on my first guitar ever (a cheap vinci signature strat copy that the trem bar worker even better when i took it apart and ameturely put it on there, not even using the standard measurement guide lines to do so) but ive read that jeff beck used a wilkinson roller nut and that sounds excellent. thanks for the tip! i'll look over the pacifica and maybe it'll be what im looking for. but please ppl if anyone can top that please do so because i want to be smart about my decision and not just buy some random guitar. thank you all for your help.
i vote FR =]
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010