i plan to get a 360 around that new price drop in the fall, but have any of you guys had RROD on your 360? thanks
LOL
Nope. And I've had it since before Christmas.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
yes, and microsoft no longer ocver new 360s on rrods either.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
I bought mine used a while back and still haven't had any problems.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
The Xbox in my local Wal Mart RROD'd a few weeks ago :0
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by ferretface
No, they "fixed" that problem.

fixed
Gear:
Okay...yes I guess I'm a dummy...I have a '360...but I have no idea what RROD is... can someone please explain?
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

Quote by Sykonatiac
Okay...yes I guess I'm a dummy...I have a '360...but I have no idea what RROD is... can someone please explain?

Red Ring of Death
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Red Ring Of Death

yes, and thats not the only problem ive seen them have
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Ohhh..duh....man ..my brain is not working tonight(12 hr shift at work..im tired), mine doesn't...got it on christmas 2007. So I dont think there is any worry.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

i wrk at eb games, we get told to sell the pro or elite consoles cos the problem is 'fixed'

pretty sure if u buy either the pro or elite, u'll have no problems..
red lights appear all over the 360, its ridden with errors
red ligts arent even the only errors
Gear:
i know for a fact they haven't fixed it but ign posted that new motherboard and CPU changes are taking place. don't know if that will help since 2 chip changes have already happened and RROD still occurs.
LOL
Quote by benben88
i wrk at eb games, we get told to sell the pro or elite consoles cos the problem is 'fixed'

pretty sure if u buy either the pro or elite, u'll have no problems..

its not, i work in a uk gamestore, and we've had these "fixed" ones bacck already, rroded to hell
Gear:
mine rodds, but then the next time i press power it works fine. error code 68 or wutever.

plus, for some reason, it wont read halo 3 discs anymore
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
i got mine 3 months after launch, still no problems. Everyone around me has had one die, but I still think they're worth as my favorite console. It and the PS3 are so similar that it really comes down to a small preference in games (Metal Gear or Gears of War). Almost all third parties are on both.
only the models with the falcon chip build in are RROD-safe, and those were the models beginning 2008. so basicly, you have a 2007 xbox or for before...you´re scrwd
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
my friend has had his since day after release. no problems.
Quote by angusfan16
I opened my eyes and found my mother standing next to me with my sheets in one hand and the other hand over her eyes. She said, "Why are you naked!" and i quickly tried to come up with an answer, but all i could get out was, "Feels good man."
ok so thank you guys for your input, I'm not going to get it. Still to much risk.
LOL
ps3's are dearer, but work and operate so much smoother. rarely do we see a faulty ps3 at our doorsteps
Gear:
I got mine when I was in Iraq. When I bought it it was...last October. It JUST RROD on me last week. I sent it in, they sent me an email about 3 days later saying they got it, the next day the sent me an email saying it's been fixed and has been shipped. Should be getting it early this week. Everyone else I know says it takes at least a few weeks to a month, this has been nothing of the sort.

Oh, and I also have a PS3...Blu-Ray, of course. It may be kind of frivolous to get one soley for that purpose, but there is a massive difference in quality of film.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Last edited by StillSoundRG at Aug 2, 2008,
I don't know what everyone's talking about with red rings of death, I mean I believe them, but I have a system from launch in 2005 and I haven't had any problems. Guess I got lucky?
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
I've had mine since September 07, I was watching a DVD and then out of nowhere the dreaded red ring came up and the screen went off, I restarted the 360 and all was good.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
I got one of the launch ones that was really bad. Im suprised though, it lasted until january of this year. I had to send it in and get a new one though. Thankfully, I didnt have to pay for their design flaws.

They dont break as much anymore though.

Even if they do, so worth it. 360 has the best balance of good games. PS3 has some good ones too but it doesnt have as many good exclusives. Sorry wii, but all you put out lately is shovelware.

So yeah, 360 = good purchase.
Quote by SiKh22
ok so thank you guys for your input, I'm not going to get it. Still to much risk.

Wow. Huge loss for you, but it's your choice.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
never had a problem with mine. although it breaks sometimes, it is the best console on the market.
mines been broken for like 3 months but i got it about 1 and a half years ago.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Sony knows about the Xbox pproblems, thats why they charge so much for their Ps3's