so i bought a new guitar 3 days ago and it has spertzel (spelling?) locking tuners on it. its been perfectly in-tune since i bought it so i havnt had to fiddle with tuning or re-stringing but i was wondering, whats so different about locking tuners than regular ones? i tried reading about them on ESPs website (the guitar is an LTD EC-1000) and all it said was that i have to loosen the thumb wheels on the tuner, string the guitar, tighten the wheel, chop the string then tune but how does that work? why not have all the wraps or tune before wheel? idk what to do with it
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
ok but what about winding the string on the peg? cause the strings on there now arent wound around it at all (i bought it used so its not factory strings) do i still have to wrap em around?

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
I don't think you have to wind them. My strat came with locking tuners and they were barely wound. I think that's actually how they stay in tune better
ok so just string it thru then let it wrap as needed to get the right pitch

also when tuning do i need to loosen the wheel or just leave it as is?

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

ok cool. thanks

Quote by Lt. Shinysides