Hello everyone, so a month or so ago i mad a thread about getting a new dist pedal. I have since changed my mind and have taken other peoples suggestions and will just get a new amp.
Heres the things i want
-giggable
-Versatile
-works well with a delay, comp, and wah
-budget of around $500-800
-Combo(dont want a half-stack)
Amps ive been considering are the ,by the way im upgrading from a blues junior, i play alot of classic rock (pink floyd, zeppelin, hendrix, cream, boston etc.) the band im in plays mainly hard rock (guns n roses, zepplin,van halen)
So i need a amp that can cover all that ground.
I own a big muff and a overdrive so pink floyd and hendrix i wont be using amp dist for but others i will,
Sorry for the long rant, and now as for amps i was considering:
Bugera 6262
Valveking 212
line 6 flextone 3 212
open to all suggestions other than those. I play a Fender Stratocaster hss mexican, and will probaly get a epi les paul or gibson flying v (3 pick up one $824 U.S. guitarcenter) in october, by the way the amp ill probably get end of or middle of the month thanks in advance ill be back soon(watching wwe saturday night main event)
That new Carvin looks pretty sweet, and it can come as a head OR a 2x12 combo.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
could you specify which carvin it is, even though carvins will be hard to get since i live in new york and guitar center and sam ash dont have seem to have them.
by a bugera, they get insane distortion and the cleans are great to.
some say they sound better than high end peavey models but they come damn near close to it.
im wanting to buy a bugera 6262 when i get the money.
Yea, ill have to give the bugera a closer look, but as for the carvin id have to use my mom or brother credit card since i dont have one (15 years old) i have a job though, so i mostly pay in cash
I just got my Bugera 6262 yesterday and im loving it so far. Lots of gain, havent messed with the cleans much but im stoked. The thing is loud and mean. Bugera gets my vote!
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
get this
<---

Probably doesn't know what "this" is. Cmon, you sold one today already! But it is worth looking at for what he wants to play and is in budget. Traynor YCS50... Also check out a 6262, Peavey VK, B52, and Traynor YCV50 & 40, and a Classic 30. Those are some worth looking at. IF you can, buy used and save 40%
yea ill have to take a look at all those next time im in sam ash, i got store credit their so its definetly going to be bought from their.
Quote by gregs1020
Probably doesn't know what "this" is. Cmon, you sold one today already! But it is worth looking at for what he wants to play and is in budget. Traynor YCS50... Also check out a 6262, Peavey VK, B52, and Traynor YCV50 & 40, and a Classic 30. Those are some worth looking at. IF you can, buy used and save 40%

Yup. For classic rock he could do without the Bugera and Valvekings. The Classic 30 would be good as well as the YCV's, but you can find nearly all of classic rock all the way up to 90's metal in the YCS50.
In regards to the classic 30/50 ive heard them and there good for some classic rock but cant do everything that i want. As for the traynor ive been looking them up on youtube and they sound pritty good.