im had it up to here with the bull**** laws that the american government has currently passed to limit our freedoms and slowly turning it into a totalitarian state, im not a big fan of the iraq war either, im pissed off beyond belief and i want to take it to the streets, the problem is, I cant find any protest groups. i would organize one but i dont have any friends who agree with me on this or want to do something about it what is a good way to organize a protest or a demonstration? at this point i am not sure what i want to do or how i want to do it which is why i came here.
ill probably have to do some more reading, i need to get some Noam Chomsky. most of the stuff i have been reading is time magazine and CNN stuff.

PS. dont ****ing turn this into a political debate flamewar thread, it seems every thread has turned into a flame war latley, im just asking for help of people who 1) agree with me 2)have experience in protesting and demonstrations. if you are a conservative and disagree with me i respect your opinion 100% but thats not what this thread is about.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Go make some friends, print a bunch of fliers, maybe try to get some exposure with local newspapers or TV stations somehow.
Really,
I deny the effectiveness of protests all together

Did the Tibet protests prevent the major countries' involvment in the Olympics?

Nope

^ That is the only major protest I've ever felt deserved attention, and it didn't accomplish jack sh!t

The only protesting that ever acheived anything was when the hippies lost the war in Vietnam
As the Soviets called them, "usefull idiots"
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
It sounds as though you are 15 and are in that 'rebellious phase'.

Leave protesting to the adults lest you look like another silly teen jumping on the band wagon.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Stand naked on a street corner with a sign that says "I freed Willy"
That'll start a protest.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by darthteet
It sounds as though you are 15 and are in that 'rebellious phase'.

Leave protesting to the adults lest you look like another silly teen jumping on the band wagon.

so im jumping on the bandwagon because i feel what is happening to our country is wrong and i want to do something to help no matter how small. dude the bandwagon is "**** the government, i hate bush, someone needs to do something, but not me, im just going to sit here on my computer and make useless posts on other peoples threads' if anything im leaving the bandwagon

get lost you worthless waste of sperm
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
so im jumping on the bandwagon because i feel what is happening to our country is wrong and i want to do something to help no matter how small. dude the bandwagon is "**** the government, i hate bush, someone needs to do something, but not me, im just going to sit here on my computer and make useless posts on other peoples threads' if anything im leaving the bandwagon

Yip that's me. A worthless waste of sperm.

Now that we've got that little tidbit out of the way; yes you are jumping on the bandwagon and yes, you will look like a fool by trying to organise your own protest.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
If you want to protest, vote for someone who will get **** done. Otherwise you are protesting people who don't ****ing care about you because you wouldn't vote for them in the first place.
Quote by Yngwie_Ragnarok
If you want to protest, vote for someone who will get **** done. Otherwise you are protesting people who don't ****ing care about you because you wouldn't vote for them in the first place.

He's not of voting age though. He's 13 or something.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by darthteet

Then he can at least annoy conservatives and therefore affirm their beliefs that the youth of today are nothing but undisciplined brats with no respect for anyone.
its kinda useless to do protests. look at the people who burned themselves what did they get done???????
Quote by Captin_Grog
its kinda useless to do protests. look at the people who burned themselves what did they get done???????

They helped rid the world of another handful of idiots?

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by Fuzzbox91
im had it up to here with the bull**** laws that the american government has currently passed to limit our freedoms and slowly turning it into a totalitarian state, im not a big fan of the iraq war either, im pissed off beyond belief and i want to take it to the streets, the problem is, I cant find any protest groups. i would organize one but i dont have any friends who agree with me on this or want to do something about it what is a good way to organize a protest or a demonstration? at this point i am not sure what i want to do or how i want to do it which is why i came here.
ill probably have to do some more reading, i need to get some Noam Chomsky. most of the stuff i have been reading is time magazine and CNN stuff.

PS. dont ****ing turn this into a political debate flamewar thread, it seems every thread has turned into a flame war latley, im just asking for help of people who 1) agree with me 2)have experience in protesting and demonstrations. if you are a conservative and disagree with me i respect your opinion 100% but thats not what this thread is about.

Your pissed off cuz of the stuff youve seen in Time and on CNN? Are you ****ing kidding me?

If you want real social outrage go to Noam Chomsky, George Orwell, Kurt Vonnegut

And, if you want all that in musical form, look to none other then Rage Against the Machine, every single song is a bigger protest then you could ever hope to do
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
Quote by Yngwie_Ragnarok
Then he can at least annoy conservatives and therefore affirm their beliefs that the youth of today are nothing but undisciplined brats with no respect for anyone.

I am not annoyed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Noam's a neat guy, but he's a bit extreme for my liking...
Oh, I have nothing to contribute.
Quote by IzRG350

Oh, I have nothing to contribute.

And neither do %99 of protestors

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by Fuzzbox91
if you are a conservative and disagree with me i respect your opinion 100% but thats not what this thread is about.

Not everything is as black and white as liberal and conservative. I personally tend to lean to the left, and i disagree with you. While I know people who would define themselves as conservative and would agree with you. Everything is not simply left or right, there's also a measure of authoritarianism. Someone like Stalin, for example, was as far left as can be, but was very authoritarian. The Soviet Union was far more totalitarian than America is under Bush. Someone like Ghandi, though, was to the left and did not believe in a strong authority. To the right, Hitler was very authoritarian, while someone like Ron Paul is conservative, but anti-authoritarian. Maybe if you could see things deeper than left and right, you could understand other viewpoints more.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Quote by RATM forever
Your pissed off cuz of the stuff youve seen in Time and on CNN? Are you ****ing kidding me?

If you want real social outrage go to Noam Chomsky, George Orwell, Kurt Vonnegut

And, if you want all that in musical form, look to none other then Rage Against the Machine,
every single song is a bigger protest then you could ever hope to do

ive done all that, read both 1984 and animal farm and have Evil empire and the battle of los angeles by Rage against the machine,

so yea dont be a judgemental prick. im yet to get into Noam Chomsky tho, ill check his stuff out at the library or something
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by eckmann88
Not everything is as black and white as liberal and conservative. I personally tend to lean to the left, and i disagree with you. While I know people who would define themselves as conservative and would agree with you. Everything is not simply left or right, there's also a measure of authoritarianism. Someone like Stalin, for example, was as far left as can be, but was very authoritarian. The Soviet Union was far more totalitarian than America is under Bush. Someone like Ghandi, though, was to the left and did not believe in a strong authority. To the right, Hitler was very authoritarian, while someone like Ron Paul is conservative, but anti-authoritarian. Maybe if you could see things deeper than left and right, you could understand other viewpoints more.

i agree with you here, but the point of that posts was so this wouldnt turn into a political debate thread, which you are already trying to do
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by darthteet

wow you have half assed compliments in your signiture and you are calling me immature, get a ****ing life then well talk.

its really funny you guys are suggesting its a better idea to do absolutley nothing or wait a few years (im 17 so im missing this election by a year ) and vote and just sit at my computer complaining like you all do then you turn around and call ME immature. and for the dicksucker saying protesting is showing how spoiled and disrespectful the youth are. ask your parents or their friends what their generation did when the Nixon administration stomped all over their rights im just asking for some advice on where i can join or organize (probably join because you are right, im probably not experienced enough to lead one) im not asking for your opinion on me or my political beliefs

so all you little trolling bastards can **** off

The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
ive done all that, read both 1984 and animal farm and have Evil empire and the battle of los angeles by Rage against the machine,

so yea dont be a judgemental prick. im yet to get into Noam Chomsky tho, ill check his stuff out at the library or something

Go on? Just because you have read books that many people have read anyway and you listen to Rage Against The Machine doesn't mean you're political. And it certainly doesn't mean that you can call someone a "judgemental prick" for assuming you are jumping on the bandwagon.

As for your question: I'd say make some flyers and post em around. You might not be taken seriously enough depending on your age though.

EDIT:^^ I don't think you are in the position to tell people they are immature. You are the one calling people "dicksucker".
Last edited by BM_Smooth at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i agree with you here, but the point of that posts was so this wouldnt turn into a political debate thread, which you are already trying to do

How can this not turn into a political debate. You OP is asking "how do I take a political debate public". How do I go about organizing a group of like minded individuals to take to the streets and voice our opinion? How do I publicly rant about a President that is going to leave office in 5 months? How do I display my anger and angst at my nations foreign policy a policy that the majority of my fellow citizens also find repugnant?
How do I have a public temper tantrum?
And you don't want this to turn into a political debate. Nope just like your desire to protest you only want things your way. Sorry but the world will not oblige you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by BM_Smooth
Go on? Just because you have read books that many people have read anyway and you listen to Rage Against The Machine doesn't mean you're political. And it certainly doesn't mean that you can call someone a "judgemental prick" for assuming you are jumping on the bandwagon.

As for your question: I'd say make some flyers and post em around. You might not be taken seriously enough depending on your age though.

EDIT:I don't think you are in the position to tell people they are immature. You are the one calling people "dicksucker".

ive read the news, i read Time Magazine, CNN, and all those books and listen to rage, so i think thats enough to at least be pissed off at whats going on

now like i said in my previous post, you are probably right, im not experienced enough to lead a protest, im pissed enough to join one but i am a bit to young and probably dont know enough to lead one, so organizing one might not be a good idea, but do you know of any groups that do them around the CT area?
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
ive read the news, i read Time Magazine, CNN, and all those books and listen to rage, so i think thats enough to at least be pissed off at whats going on

now like i said in my previous post, you are probably right, im not experienced enough to lead a protest, im pissed enough to join one but i am a bit to young and probably dont know enough to lead one, so organizing one might not be a good idea, but do you know of any groups that do them around the CT area?

I'll bet Mr. Google does.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
How can this not turn into a political debate. You OP is asking "how do I take a political debate public". How do I go about organizing a group of like minded individuals to take to the streets and voice our opinion? How do I publicly rant about a President that is going to leave office in 5 months? How do I display my anger and angst at my nations foreign policy a policy that the majority of my fellow citizens also find repugnant?
How do I have a public temper tantrum?
And you don't want this to turn into a political debate. Nope just like your desire to protest you only want things your way. Sorry but the world will not oblige you.

i dont want it to turn into a flamewar and get closed basically. is that too much to ask?
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i dont want it to turn into a flamewar and get closed basically. is that too much to ask?

Yes you do. I dunno is it?
Quote by Fuzzbox91
so yea dont be a judgemental prick
wow you have half assed compliments in your signiture and you are calling me immature, get a ****ing life then well talk
so all you little trolling bastards can **** off

Sure a few people commented on your abilities and questioned your age. Get over it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi