This is probably a stupid question, but i searched and couldn't find anything on MusiciansFriend that was specifically for the Bad Monkey pedal, or maybe i wasn't looking hard enough.

But i thought i'd come to you guys, because i know you have to have a specific adaptor for it.... so, can somebody tell me exactly which adaptor to get and WHERE to get it from?

Thanks.
O O

___
I think if you just match up the voltage and stuff like that, you can just pick out something that comes from radioshack.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
huh... i thought it said on the back you had to use the specifit one made for digitech pedals....
O O

___
I'm not too sure, but i've ran plenty of pedals with adapters from radioshack in the past. No problems ever occurred.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, you can probably find the one you need in a music store that caries digitech stuff, or online. But a radioshack adapter will work just fine as long as you get the right one.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I'm looking at my BM box now. It does specify the PS200R-120-B but like dark said - as long as you match up to spec you should be fine.

input: 120VAC / 60Hz / 8w
output: 9.6VDC / 300mA

the 300mA is the key (using a 200 or 400mA for example only would not be good)
anything with an output of 9V DC should work, as long as it has enough mA's. mA's don't matter unless there's not enough, then it's not providing enough power to keep the pedal going. I've used an old Sega Genesis adapter with most of my pedals. Just make sure it's DC and NOT AC. AC will fry your pedal.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'm looking at my BM box now. It does specify the PS200R-120-B but like dark said - as long as you match up to spec you should be fine.

input: 120VAC / 60Hz / 8w
output: 9.6VDC / 300mA

Correct me if I'm wrong, my understanding is that too much mA is fine, the pedal will only draw what it needs and it won't be harmed. But too little and it just won't be getting enough power.
As long as there is more amperage available than is needed it's fine. Just make sure it's right voltage, and polarity, (i.e. centre positive/negative)

~Louis
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
that Danelectro one looks good. Got good reviews.
That one review on the ibanez one was funny, "I've tried many other power supplies. They have been ok, but i really like the Ibanez Power Supplies."

Thanks guys! ...for all you help.
O O

___
I would stay away from Ratshack stuff, as it's not usually all that well filtered. And for a dollar more, at nearly any shop that sells guitars, you should be able to find either a BOSS PSA-120, or a One-Spot, either of which powers the BM very well, and the OS is $20, the PSA $15 or $20, I can't remember offhand.

And they say to only use the Digitech adapter, so that you have zero chance of frying the pedal by using the wrong adapter, and more importantly, so they can make money selling you an adapter.

And you can never have too many milliamps. The OS, for example, is rated for 1,700. Good for the BM and whatever else you wanna toss on there.
okay, cool. I want to get that Danelectro one, but i think i'm gonna call my local store and ask them what they have. Then i'll post here again and see if they're any good.

EDIT: Crap! I forgot it was a sunday afternoon and all my stores are closed. Dang!

well, the power supplies shouldn't be bad if they're from a shop, and i'll make sure to get a 9V, and i guess with over 400mA? is that good?

And also, are there any adaptors i should be aware of, like crap ones to stay away from?
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Aug 3, 2008,
Ok... I have a custom made fuzz pedal my friend gave me that he bought on the internet by a guy who makes these jimmy page replica pedals. It's 9volt battery powered and works when plugged into my power supply from my digitech pedal with the following specs: input 120v - 60hz 8w, output1 9.6v = 300ma, output2 3.0v = 100ma. It has an input hole on the side that i assume is output 2 which is not hooked up to anything...first what is this output for? Next...
I tried to plug the custom pedal in with a sharper image power supply input: ac 120v 60hz 23w, output dc9v 1300ma. it didn't work and might have ruined my pedal because started to smoke a little which i didn't notice right away but smelled first...which smelled like burnt metal. I opened it up and saw a small "u" shaped part that got blackened a bit where it connects to the circuit board....amazingly the pedal still works, for how long i don't now know. Did I ruin my pedal? why didn't the second supply work? were the amps too high? I read that the high ma's aren't a problem on this post. Also i tried a third power supply a bell south input: 120v 60hz 6.5w output 9v 300ma, which has the same ma as the one that works and it doesn't power the pedal either... is this a watt issue? thanks for any help.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You're half right.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Wrong, the voltage matters more as long as there is enough current, You could get a 9v adapter with 5000mA and it will still work just fine.

Voltage, keep it as close as possible, dont be too worried if its more(dont go above 13.5v, most electronics can handle more voltage just fine.

mA, as long as its over 300mA it will be fine, the pedal only draws as much current as it needs.

thedawnhorse23
NO, pedals and music devices use reverse tip polarity, the inside of the tip is negative, most other electronic devices use the tip as positive, because the pedal wasen't properly protected against this (good diodes) you're pedal blew. Simple as that. Or you used an AC pedal

If you dont want to buy a wallwart thats around 9v and has enough amperage(everyone has multiple ones not being used in their homes), go find one with a plug that fits your pedal(Dont plug it in to the wall) Cut the tip off(leave about 7" of wire from the tip) Reverse the wires, solder/twist and tape them up. Use a multimeter to test the polarity if you got it. Positive wires have a white stripe going down them usually, so make sure after your done the wire goes white stripe to no stripe.

Ive done it alot when I needed power in a jam.
Last edited by Castiel at Feb 2, 2009,