Play anymore. Because not being able to find a good tone on my amp is driving me away from it and such.
I want a nice metal tone, one of my favorites is that of As I Lay Dying, though I know I can't really get close to it without EMG's and their amps and everything, but that's what I aim for, something like that.
I play an Ibanez S520EX (drop c) with the stock pickups through a Peavey ValveKing 112. I also have an Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9) that I don't really use.
So does anyone have any possible configurations I could use on the amp and or pedal to help me achieve a sound that will make me enjoy playing more?
This is our last chance.
Save up some money, and buy a nice new amp. Let this no-tone be your motivation.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
have you tried the texture control on the back of your valveking?
maybe get a distortion pedal. like the metalcore or the metalzone.
Hit the gain boost switch, dial the gain anywhere around 6-8, bass 3-4 mid 5-7 treble 8-10. Dial treble down and bass up as necessary.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Fryer Mike: I'm in the process of saving up for multiple things, including an amp, though it's rare for me to get money, since I can't find a job at 15 (I've tried but yeah, gotta wait a while), but that's coming up.

Caskettheclown: The texture control isn't really making much that much of a difference, and I'm saving up for a Metal Zone, after playing my drummers' brother's, I loved it, so I'm going to use it until I can get that amp.

Me2Nik: That's practically my settings now, just higher bass and gain maxed out. It just sounds kind of dull, even with the bass lowered.
This is our last chance.
Texture? Pickups?
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
visual sound jekyll and hyde is a pedal i reccomend. i have one and LOVE it. it has distortion and overdrive. you can use them indimenditly(sp?) or togeather. most amazing pedal i have ever used. its deffniatly staying on my pedal board for quite awhile.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
there are so many better pedals you can get then th emetal zone.

get a blackstar or something with a tube in it. they sound worlds betters

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

your seriosuly thinking about not playing cuz you cant get the tone of a song you like?..

umm...

WHAT THE ****!

ur a disgrace to guitarists, suck it up, dont be such tunnel visioned brat, and deal with it. my set up doesnt sound exactly like metallica. im not quiting because of it.

learn to play, and like, other genres, or other songs.

dont be a fckin quiter.
i hate to say it but he has a point.
just try playing different genres and start playng with different tones
your seriosuly thinking about not playing cuz you cant get the tone of a song you like?..

umm...

WHAT THE ****!

ur a disgrace to guitarists, suck it up, dont be such tunnel visioned brat, and deal with it. my set up doesnt sound exactly like metallica. im not quiting because of it.

dont be a fckin quiter.

Plus. One.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by dr.rock666

umm...

WHAT THE ****!

dont be a fckin quiter.

Eric Johnson would probably quit if he had bad tone..
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Get an acoustic or classical guitar. Decent sounding ones start at around $300.
Quote by Steel8909
Get an acoustic or classical guitar. Decent sounding ones start at around $300.

what does that have to do with anything?

also they do have a point that you are being a bit of a sook and a quitter. despite this, they are wrong in saying that you should play other genres. it is good to like lots of different kinds of music but telling someone to change their style is like telling someone to change their religion. it shouldnt be done.