i have a gibson sg special faded
and want to get new tuners
i like the vintage style plastic head tuners like the ones that are on and both kluson and grover do there own version of these around a similar price
i was just wondering which would be better
and would they fit?
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Well, Kluson is owned by Tonepros now, so they SHOULD be pretty nice. Grovers are always good. I think Gotoh makes some good Kluson copies too, look into those too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Well, Kluson is owned by Tonepros now, so they SHOULD be pretty nice. Grovers are always good. I think Gotoh makes some good Kluson copies too, look into those too.

haha add a third one
very useful lol
meh i willmost likely go for kluson
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
ehhh....my spec faded rarely goes out of tune with the standard tuners (unless play reallllllllly hard, which i dont normally do). if its for aesthetic reasons, i trust both brands...so whatever u feel like

EDIT: oh and for that truss rod cover...ive been lookin for one too...at this point i may just engrave the original one myself
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking