i'm leaving my guitar in japan to go home for a month.
my room doesn't have any air-conditioning and it's the humid summer now.

1. should i leave my guitar on the stand or in the case?
2. should i loosen anything/part?
3. what else should i do to keep the guitar in good condition?
take da bitch wit you! nah, but seriously, no a/c and its gonna be humid.....the worse thing i could think that could happen is the tuning tightning up on you, unless you have a locking trem, which i stil think that could happen.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
could you store it at a friends place?
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Let me put it this way.... When you would play the guitar in Japan, it is still subject to the humid weather. Sooo if you are having problems now then you would still have them when you leave.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
I would just leave the guitar in a case with the strings up to tension. I'm pretty sure that's how collectors do it...
well...i can close the windows and leave a few dehumidizing agents around and keep the guitar in the hard case, if that helps at all...
dude.. you live in that right? and you always have your guitar? it wont be any different than usual for your guitar..
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
I would put it in the case, so it doesn't get knocked over by any people or pets.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom (Alpine White)
Roland Microcube

Hoping to get a Strat or Tele next.
yeah just keep it in the case, hardcase preferably, and stick a few silica packs and dehumidifiers in them. like a thirsty hippo kinda thing.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Yeah what they said, but please do play if you can. I was forced to stop playing for 2 weeks and I lost my calluses
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I always put my guitars in their cases when I got on holiday, just so I can make sure that they don't fall over or get damaged by any pets in the time I'm gone, so it seems like the thing to do if you're locking it in your place, then it should be fine.
thanks people. i'll check in the store what i can put inside the guitar case to keep everything cool.
Quote by jake911
Put it under your bed.

why?

and don't worry you guys, i have an ibanez rg and a roland microcube at home.
Put it in its' case with a couple of packets of silica gel.

I'm moving to South Korea in September for a year and the humidity is the very reason why I'm not taking my guitar with me, but am buying one out there. I can imagine it doing nasty things to my fragile acoustic haha.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay