Page 1 of 2
recommend me some good death metal bands. something in the likes of the black dahlia murder or behemoth. that type of stuff. i dnt care if their are already threads for this. just give me some recommendations.
Six Feet Under? I would say Cannibal Corpse but there lyrics are very very twisted... SFU is the old lead singer of CCs side project. In my opinion SFU are better than CC.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
What do you mean by "that type of stuff"? TBDM and Behemoth are almost nothing alike.
--Gear List--
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Duncan Hot Rails
Duncan JB Jr.
Peavey Bandit
Sigma DR28
Immortal's later albums, Sons of Northern Darkness for example, basically blackened thrash metal.
Nevermore (not death metal, but you might like them), Death, At the Gates, Saturnus, and lastly but not least, Arsis.

And, rec thread next time, for your sake please .
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by SoftParade1967
Six Feet Under? I would say Cannibal Corpse but there lyrics are very very twisted... SFU is the old lead singer of CCs side project. In my opinion SFU are better than CC.

McFail.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Nile.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
Quote by SoftParade1967

yeah right dude CC OWNS!!
children of bodom, in flames, arch enemy, death, dimmu borgir, gorgoroth, ensiferum, at the gates, cannibal corpse, akercocke, soilwork, kataklysm, meshuggah, carcass, sepultura, cryptopsy, kalmah, divine heresy, obituary, dethklok, etc
Melodeath is a pretty good starting point for death metal-ish stuff. Early In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, At the Gates, Carcass, Kalmah, Arsis, later Death, etc.

If you're used to lyrics that cross the very line of human decency, then Cannibal Corpse and Devourment, and then technical metal like Necrophagist, Spawn of Possession, and Dying Fetus. If you want ridiculous over-brutality, then go for Devourment, Mortician, and those bands that use pitchshifters to a frequency that could kill puppies (e.g: Ropeprop (sp?), **** and Ball Torture, Waking the Cadavar, etc. Honestly though, once it gets to that point, it's just bad noise. :P)
Last edited by piratemetalhead at Aug 3, 2008,
If you want uber-brootalz: DISGORGE. Cranial Impalement will twist your innards.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by xjcfx
children of bodom, in flames, arch enemy, death, dimmu borgir, gorgoroth, ensiferum, at the gates, cannibal corpse, akercocke, soilwork, kataklysm, meshuggah, carcass, sepultura, cryptopsy, kalmah, divine heresy, obituary, dethklok, etc

thank you for just getting to the point. but i already listen to most of them.lol
Decrepit Birth, Psycroptic, Malignancy, Martyr (Quebec's Death Metal hehe), Origin, Hate(if you like Behemoth you will certainly like them)
Quote by piratemetalhead
Melodeath is a pretty good starting point for death metal-ish stuff. Early In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, At the Gates, Carcass, Kalmah, Arsis, later Death, etc.

If you're used to lyrics that cross the very line of human decency, then Cannibal Corpse and Devourment, and then technical metal like Necrophagist, Spawn of Possession, and Dying Fetus. If you want ridiculous over-brutality, then go for Devourment, Mortician, and those bands that use pitchshifters to a frequency that could kill puppies (e.g: Ropeprop (sp?), **** and Ball Torture, Waking the Cadavar, etc. Honestly though, once it gets to that point, it's just bad noise. :P)

another one that finally just got to the point. thank you.
Quote by linfield4466
yeah right dude CC OWNS!!

there riffs are awesome there lyrics are disgusting though... made me throw up.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Wow.

That's kind of sad...

I haven't thrown up from a bottle of Seagrams, eyetr.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
If you want uber-brootalz: DISGORGE. Cranial Impalement will twist your innards.

That and Wormed. Probably the heaviest bands evar!

If you like not so twiddly tech death (but with some twiddles here and there), go with Spawn of Possession, Decapitated, The Faceless, Devolved, Gorguts, Aletheian, and Quo Vadis.

The melo-deaths, you got The Absence, Amorphis, Mors Principium Est, Dissection, Extol (kinda black metalish), Septic Flesh (avant-garde), Fear My Thoughts, and Himsa (do they count?).

I tried to restrain from mentioning the obvious bands, and I think I did a decent job at that.
Quote by Tehzekester
They're just words.

So is Goatse.
And it happens to be a cancer that is killing >9,000 Ethiopian kids each day.
Dismember, Nihilst, Entombed, Autopsy, Carcass, At The Gates (melodic death but who cares, there amazing!)
Quote by huevos
So is Goatse.
And it happens to be a cancer that is killing >9,000 Ethiopian kids each day.

Goatse is a picture...?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by huevos
That and Wormed. Probably the heaviest bands evar!

If you like not so twiddly tech death (but with some twiddles here and there), go with Spawn of Possession, Decapitated, The Faceless, Devolved, Gorguts, Aletheian, and Quo Vadis.

The melo-deaths, you got The Absence, Amorphis, Mors Principium Est, Dissection, Extol (kinda black metalish), Septic Flesh (avant-garde), Fear My Thoughts, and Himsa (do they count?).

I tried to restrain from mentioning the obvious bands, and I think I did a decent job at that.

Dude... Spawn of Possession one of the biggest wank bands ever. Noctambulant doesn't have a single comprehensible riff. I've tried listening to it attentively at least 5 times now...

@OP: Death, Cannibal Corpse, Arsis, Behemoth, Necrophagist, Vader, Cryptopsy, Suffocation, The Faceless, Dying Fetus, Severed Savior, In Flames (early), At the Gates, Dark Tranquility, Impaled, and LYKATHEA AFLAME.
Quote by sk8ordie97
dismember decapitated entombed.... brutal stuff
btw immortal is black metal

No ****.

Read on a little and you will find that I said their later works (1999-2002), which is close to thrash metal, the root of death metal.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by SoftParade1967

I actually laughed at the amount of fail here. And you think SFU's lyrics aren't twisted? Just listen to Torture Killer.
SFU are almost as bad as Waking the Cadaver in terms of creativity and listenability.

Quote by eggsandham2
Well, then I guess you didn't like my "zit on the ass of the universe" statement in the hardcore forum, eh ?

Quote by eggsandham2
I enjoy WtC on the same level I enjoy masturbating to guys who look like girls.
I feel kinda dirty while it's happening, but in the end it was worth it for that quick few seconds of fun

Excellent way...to...put it? Pardon the pun.

I can't stand them, they're trying to be ultimately-brutal and thusly, they have an album of breakdowns and annoying squeals.

Quote by eggsandham2
I refuse to look into the demo for longer than a minute. Luckily that's almost as long as the demo .

I've never won a soft drink for grunting "Immortal Rites" or anything of the sort...

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Stoner0405
I actually laughed at the amount of fail here. And you think SFU's lyrics aren't twisted? Just listen to Torture Killer.

there not as twisted. SFU lyrics arent about killing someone eating half there body then raping whats left. yeah there twisted but not AS twisted.

EDIT: I stand corrected. CC and SFU are both equally twisted. So yeah... I fail.
Quote by metalcore123

I'm bringing farts back!
Last edited by SoftParade1967 at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by Tehzekester
They're just words.

no ****. there still disgusting.
Quote by metalcore123

I'm bringing farts back!
Page 1 of 2