I just put new strings on my epiphone SG today. not sure about the measurements, but the original strings said "extra light" and my new strings i put on say "light". they're thicker, and i was wondering if that should affect my tone at all? and does raising/lowering the action affect the tone at all? i'm talking about when playing through hi gain distortion.
I think thicker strings give you a thicker fuller sound? correct? someone tell if im wrong
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf
I think thicker strings give you a thicker fuller sound? correct? someone tell if im wrong

true.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i couldn't figure out why my tone was so full of bass (more than normal) after i changed the strings. guess i should go lower my bass setting.
The action will effect the playablity, some people like it higher, easier to bend etc, but harder to play fast, shredders usually like it very close to the frets. So just keep playing and one day action will play a part in your music and you will decide whether you want it higher or lower
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by AthenasGhost
The action will effect the playablity, some people like it higher, easier to bend etc, but harder to play fast, shredders usually like it very close to the frets. So just keep playing and one day action will play a part in your music and you will decide whether you want it higher or lower

so it doesn't affect your tone at all?

i've noticed that i like the action lower.