Poll: You think it's ok if parents supply their kidz with booze under their watch?
Poll Options
View poll results: You think it's ok if parents supply their kidz with booze under their watch?
Yes
99 44%
No
63 28%
I've used a book as a hat before
63 28%
Voters: 225.
Page 1 of 2
I've seen kid's whose parents by them alchohol, and i think it's fine as long as they know their kids are responsible, and stay home if they get ****faced, wht do you think?
Gettin rid of me RR3 =(
I don't care, they can do what they want. As long as they don't crash into me when they go to try to drive.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
That's how my guitarist's parents are. It's pretty awesome to party with someone's dad.
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE
No, because that means they are irresponsible parents who are breaking the law.
Sure, they might be supervising the kid, but he's gonna get ****faced and kill his liver in the process before he hits 21.
My uncle gives me alcohol for my birthday. He's cool
...What!?
Not until you are 21 and your dad buys you your first beer.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Lol, you kinda have to be a huge dumb**** to really believe buying your child alcohol will teach them responsible drinking habits.
"happy hour is from 4-6!"

"is... is there alcohol in these drinks?"

"oh god honey no! what kind of mother do you think i am?! ... why, do you want a little bit? cause if you're gonna drink i'd rather you do it in the house..."

"... no thank you..."

......e-cookies to whoever gets the reference
i am extremely doubtful

as for you, you spin a story like a spider spins a web
see? that's a metaphor - no wait, a simile
i'm still learning, but i think i'm getting better
i picked the third, cuz i did that like 5 mins ago

anyways, it depends how old the kid is, if they are like 17+ its seen ok, as long as it stays under supervision
Keep Strong Grundy

Quote by metaldud536
Milkshakes. They bring the boys to the yard.

Quote by humperdunk
OWNED
my parents let me drink at home but only like a drink at a time, but they're vehemently against me drinking outside of home. my dad is cool though and his philosophy is that if you're old enough to be killed overseas than you're old enough to drink. so when i'm 18 he'll let me do whatever
Quote by Bucketbot10
i picked the third, cuz i did that like 5 mins ago

anyways, it depends how old the kid is, if they are like 17+ its seen ok, as long as it stays under supervision

best answer...so far
Gettin rid of me RR3 =(
As long as the kids don't get wasted and they're not children.
Quote by katenotreally

"oh god honey no! what kind of mother do you think i am?! ... why, do you want a little bit? cause if you're gonna drink i'd rather you do it in the house..."

"... no thank you..."

i am extremely doubtful

i know what movie that's from!
Everyone knows learning drinking habits from friends is much more beneficial than learning drinking habits from parents.

edit: Mean Girls for the movie reference?
Quote by RPGoof
Sure, they might be supervising the kid, but he's gonna get ****faced and kill his liver in the process before he hits 21.

I would rather have my kid drink and hang out with me, supervised, than have him sneak out to some house party and drink with a bunch of his drunk friends and have the possibility to get in huge trouble.
<Han> I love Hitler
Its fine if they think their son/daughter is old enough to drink. Age limits aren't the best guideline, more about how mature physically and mentally they are. All my friends' parents used to buy them beer and we used to drink at their places, because we were resonsible, didn't go overboard (usually :P) etc. The point is, there is no difference between the government saying you can drink and your parents saying you can drink except the parent is more likely to have your best interests in mind.
Quote by katenotreally

"... no thank you..."

i am extremely doubtful

Haha, Mean Girls...

Welcome To The End My Friend, The Sky Has Opened
Quote by Mitchell?
Lol, you kinda have to be a huge dumb**** to really believe buying your child alcohol will teach them responsible drinking habits.

Yeah. If the kids are not allowed to drink at home, they are definitely NOT going to feel a need to go out and get hammered at parties.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by hagalwadi007
I've used a book as a hat before

Oh man, I totally have.
Quote by xkhiemster
i know what movie that's from!

I LOVE YOU THEN OMG

i smoked the marijuana cigarettes with my girlfriends mom the first time i met her. of course, she lives with her grandparents, but it still rocked.

most of the alcoholism and alcohol-related incidents can be abated by an earlier introduction to alcohol, get to know the beast.

either way, it weeds out the idiots by the time theyre 24, so it all works well for society

edit: i forgot to add, the parents should be able to decide whether or not their child is mature enough, drinking at 14 isnt something i support at all, for example. id say the general guideline is between 16 and 18. personally, im expecting 17 for my kids when they grow up.... or are born... or are conceived
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Last edited by spiderjerusalem at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by heavy-metal-eh
Haha, Mean Girls...

AH I LOVE YOU ALSO THEN!
I AM SO EXCITED YOU KNEW!

21 lol!!!!!!!!
America must suck, here in Aus the legal age is 18, not that it stops anyone though.
Quote by RPGoof

Haha, WRONG. If a parent over 21 buys alcohol for their child who is at least 16, and the child drinks in their parent's house with the parent's consent, it's legal.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by wtf290
Haha, WRONG. If a parent over 21 buys alcohol for their child who is at least 16, and the child drinks in their parent's house with the parent's consent, it's legal.

**** YEAH LOVE WTF290
Gettin rid of me RR3 =(
its whatever if you buy your kids beer, but if i was a parent and i found out some kids dad was buying my kid and all his friends beer, there'd be some frontyard asswhoopins at there house during the party
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by RPGoof

actually, from what i've experienced firsthand, the kids who have no experience with alcohol tended to be the most problematic in college.
one or two times, we dealt with guys who had never had so much as a sip of beer in their lives (and before you say it, no, we didn't pressure them, they decided to drink of their own accord), and they wound up frighteningly drunk (we were afraid we might have to take one of them to the hospital). you don't have to be an alcoholic to die of alcohol poisoning.
being able to have a couple beers responsibly with your dad is probably the best way to learn what the stuff does to your system in a controlled environment. unless your dad is a prick and lets you get way too hammered.
Quote by wtf290

Yeah, no actually.

These laws can vary from city to city, county to county, state to state.

Its definitely not legal where I am from... and in the US, there's very few places that allow that.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by wtf290

And everyone who drinks is over 16, correct?
Theres plenty of younger people running around getting wasted
Last edited by RPGoof at Aug 3, 2008,
It's no difference. Kids get ****faced everywhere regardless of consent by the parents.

In fact, it surprises me that half of Long Island isn't grounded, because everyone there got ****faced in their own houses while their parents were upstairs probably having anal sex.

I mean, if you can't even catch them and they've got the basement door open, you're a horrible parent.

Edit: Forgot to add, the quote is from Mean Girls. God I hate my sister's friends.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
Nah, those parents generally piss me off. They are usually trying to be their kid's best friend and not a parent.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Yeah, no actually.

These laws can vary from city to city, county to county, state to state.

Its definitely not legal where I am from... and in the US, there's very few places that allow that.

When I got the information it was comparing it from country to country. The U.S. was broken into states, and I only looked at New York (seeing as that's where I'm from.)
What I stated before is the law enforced (of course you're right, it could differ from city to city) in New York.

Edit:
Quote by RPGoof
And everyone who drinks is over 16, correct?
Theres plenty of younger people running around getting wasted

True, but you'd be hard pressed to find a parent who would buy someone that young alcohol. Even at 16 I would think of it as irresponsible, I'm just saying that, (at least where I am) it isn't illegal, like you said.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Last edited by wtf290 at Aug 3, 2008,
Nah. They should make kids wait til 21.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
haha my dad gave me sumbuca as a child to put me to sleep, it had no affect on me what so ever... brb i think i hear a keg with my name on it
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
I have also engaged in the act of wearing a book as a hat before. I believe I was drunk.

(Parents didn't buy.)
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
well. i am 17, and Aussie! so take that, i can legally drink soon. but anyway, i drink at home with my parents all the time, and do it responsibly, and drink camping with friends, and do it responsibly (mostly on that one, anyway) , and drink at my friends house, and get totally ****faced there, and i am still alive. Dammit, i forgot the question. but yes!
Quote by katenotreally

"... no thank you..."

i am extremely doubtful

MEAN GIRLS! <3333
F*ck ya'll, I loves me some Lindsay.

And my friend's mom will give her drinks, like if her mom's drinking, she'll give her a drink, and that's it, because drinking in moderation is fine.
Quote by katenotreally

"... no thank you..."

i am extremely doubtful

saving private ryan right?
Page 1 of 2