A couple of days ago I was reading a forum post and someone said something along the line of "Why would you use D'Adderio strings, they are dead right out of the pacK". I was wondering what "dead" strings are? use D'Adderios but Im thinking of switching to Ernie Balls.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
the post about d'addarios being dead right out of the pack was obviously made by an elitist asshat that traded his dick for a lifetime supply of ernies
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
the post about d'addarios being dead right out of the pack was obviously made by an elitist asshat that traded his dick for a lifetime supply of ernies

lmao, oh. I thought there was seriously something wrong with them lol.
Dead strings. It's just like saying the strings are dull, and lifeless. Usually it's a term used for old strings once they've lost their brightness and clarity.

That's around the time I change mine.
Signatures are overrated.
i like ernie ball but i wish they had better life cause my fingers sweat when i play and i do wipe my strings down but ernie balls just dont last as long as other strings
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
i like ernie ball but i wish they had better life cause my fingers sweat when i play and i do wipe my strings down but ernie balls just dont last as long as other strings

I never used them. Only used Adderios up until now.
Quote by mikeyElite

haha, i found this hilarious even though i hate d'addarios and love ernie balls.

anyways, the general guide to strings is to try around, see what you personally like, and remember that you should replace your strings every month AT THE VERY ABSOLUTE FRIGGIN LEAST. ill drive a stake through the heart of the next person who comes onto a forum and says their strings have been on for months at a time, wondering why his tone sucks or a string broke, youre ****ing tone deaf, stop playing music

anyways, ears
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH

I used Ernie Ball's too.
I went from D'addario's to EB's. I prefer EB's. Really bright, comfortable, long lasting to my fingers..
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
I used Ernie Ball's too.
I went from D'addario's to EB's. I prefer EB's. Really bright, comfortable, long lasting to my fingers..

thats pretty much how they are, i went to d'addarios around last winter or so. ickky ****
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
How much roughly (us) for a pack of Ernies?
Quote by ~Shred Hero~

same as d'addarios.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~

About $6-8
All your base are belong to us.
Lol I leave my strings on my guitar for months at a time and that doesn't make my tone much worse- however I'm playing through a Peavey Windsor so my tone sucks no matter what... However it can oddly play some of Zepplin's first stuff O.o mysteries of crap amps.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by Drewski09
Lol I leave my strings on my guitar for months at a time and that doesn't make my tone much worse- however I'm playing through a Peavey Windsor so my tone sucks no matter what....

LMFAO classic..at least its not a MG..amen
IMO, d'Addarios are a great string. I look for either those or Dean Markley Blue Steels. They both sound good and last a good month or so before they're dead sounding. Didn't like slinkys at all... sounded pretty tinny out of the package but crap after two days. Guess if you want that real slinky tinny sound for a show change them the day before but you have to do that every time. Again this is just IMO.
and dont buy rotosounds =] i bought em last time and well, after 2 weeks they were rubbish... but they've been on there a couple of months because Sound Control closed. i tink ima revert to my super slinkys, though ive never tried d'addarios

but da slinkys lasted good. im not a 'change every month' person... i dont have enough money... normally every 2 months. LOL at my bass strings being on there a year and a half, i dont play it often, and new strings are far too expensive for me to be bothered
personally i prefer the sound of "dead" strings. pity i never get it cause im always changing them
I really like d'addario 11's, they feel really nice. Also they come in sets of 3 for £9.80 at stringbusters.com so they are cheap as chips too
I love how the main argument for using EB's is that loads of famous guitarists use them, as it says on the packet.

What they don't consider, of course, is that these artists have their strings changed pretty much every day, so it doesn't matter that they use inferior brands of string.
Quote by no_thing101
personally i prefer the sound of "dead" strings. pity i never get it cause im always changing them

Yeah this may sound gross but honestly it works.

a very reliable source told me that to get the dead string sound you have to rub the strings with a light layer of bbq sauce, then keep wiping the strings until the sauce isnt coming off all over your guitar or fingers and then once thats done it sounds just the same.

This information was supplied by the ledgendary bassplayer martin turner from wishbone ash.