I have an RG321, and I love it to death.

I play mostly shred stuff and cleans on it, but when I get the action on the upper frets good to play fast on, it makes the low frets insanely buzzy. And when I rid the buzz off the lower frets, it makes it harder to play stuff on the higher frets due to the strings being so high.

I'm perfectly capable of doing truss rod/action adjustments, but whatever I do it doesn't seem to help.

Help meh UG D:
i took my RG321MH to a tech more than 5 times and the buzz is still there. live with it or take it to a luthier to see what he can do about it.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Honestly I'd like to know this too. I can't seem to get the buzz to go away on my schecter without turning the TOM bridge way up (I think it's at like two full turns now, I had it at 1 1/2 but it still buzzed a bit!).

But I have noticed with the more and more nicer guitars I've played, it seems like that's something that is pretty easily solved. EX, I played a Gibson LP standard the other day, and the action was insanely low, yet I couldn't find fret buzz. I ended up TRYING to find fret buzz, but couldn't.

I suppose when you pay for a really nice guitar, the problems come solved .
How's the relief on your neck TS?
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I'd say that the tall frets make it hard to get extremely low action. For example, Gibson "fretless wonders" could have extremely low action because the frets were very low.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I'd say that the tall frets make it hard to get extremely low action. For example, Gibson "fretless wonders" could have extremely low action because the frets were very low.

action is measured between the bottom of the string and the top of the fret.
the height of the frets have nothing to do with action, unless there are uneven frets.
Check the neck relief? Check the action at the nut? Are the frets are uneven? Send it in to a professional? Live with it as low as it can get without buzzing?

How low is low? At what height measurement do you start to buzz? Are you a heavy handed picker?
I think it happens on most guitars unless you've spent a huge amount of money and we just rely on distortion to hide it a lot of the time but a good luthier should be able to sort it out with some fret work. My son uses an Aria STG004, which is OK for what it is but at under £150 it clearly has limitations. The deal when we bought it was a full setup including fret dressing and after that the action was surprisingly low for a buget guitar and felt more like a guitar in the £300 range at least. Don't just give it to a guitar tech to do, it has to be a good luthier to get it done right.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
ive just got an epi SG 400
and its got slight buzz on the upper frets
only on the E string
on the first 5 frets
but ive noticed it doesnt come through the amp
so ive just left it
if i ever use it for gigging it wont be noticeable so idc