Page 1 of 2
Anyone hear has tried experimenting with your creativity? I've tried but I can never remember what I play. If you had the perfect pitch, you could probably be directing orchestras daily. But if it were up to me i'd try to focus more on my practice first.
Last edited by Taylor Hol. at Aug 3, 2008,
I did once, and I played really well if I remember correctly XD.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
i guess I missed the official drug thread. o well, i guess i'm one of the only ones who gets the creative effect from ganga..
I become a bit more creative on the herb.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
the funny thing is, most people think theyre amazing and creative when theyre high. record everything from a high session, and play it back later. MOST people will be ashamed.

this isn't saying it's true with everyone, just a common perception from the effects of pot

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by acoustic_jesus
lots of fun, bad when you get super baked though, me and my buddy got tuned one night and just did pinch harmonics for an hour strait

lol, neighbors must have been pissed.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
I played once while high... I remember I was rocking out super hard to some Lamb of God and it hadn't sounded as heavy as it did ever and I was just in the moment, but after actually listening to how I was playing, I sounded like ****.
Accuracy is much better sober
It's not really weed related but I accidentally overdosed on NyQuil that I didn't know was expired and then I listened to Dopethrone by Electric Wizard and that fucked with my mind for ages.
I realized I was god when I prayed and saw that I was talking to myself.
I've smoked marijuana once
I made sure to pick up a guitar

Though a lot of people seem to say it was "more fun" and "easier"
I found it a lot harder to play very fast and accurate riffs
(acoustic chord sing-a-longs, however, were more fun and easier )
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
depends on the mood i'm in, depends on the weed. generally i'm more creative, but lack in technical coordination and all that. it really slows down reaction time.
People say that they are better on drugs, but thats because everything sounds good on drugs. I know that I haven't, and probably never will mix drugs with writing music. It seems like cheating, fake, weak, and creatively immature. A real creative person can find what his or her inner self is saying without mind altering drugs.

Listening is a different story!
One thing I liked, at least for me was I could see the fret I was concentrating on and the two surrounding it but the rest of the frets were out of focus.
i can't get baked and play fast. but a bowl just about does it for me so i don't make anything to stupid. it's a lot easy for me to play guitar at the same time. probably cause SWIM's family never minds him high and playing, clearly understanding how better it made him play. now SWIM quit for a little though, still enjoy talking about it though.
Quote by TollBoothWorker
People say that they are better on drugs, but thats because everything sounds good on drugs. I know that I haven't, and probably never will mix drugs with writing music. It seems like cheating, fake, weak, and creatively immature. A real creative person can find what his or her inner self is saying without mind altering drugs.

same reason i quit for a while.
Quote by The_Paranoia
My friends and I always plan on jamming high but we end up getting distracted.

I got the same problem.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by Taylor Hol.
same reason i quit for a while.

Good for you man! Thats really hard cuz there aren't many good reasons not to smoke weed. Right now my main reasons are to become more creatively mature, and to not hurt my voice.
Quote by TollBoothWorker

Everything that is enjoyable illicits a dopamine reaction, so there is no way to circumvent what you are talking about.
And what you just said would make Bill Hicks spin in his grave.

Here's what I say: creativity spawns from creative methods. There is no one way to be creative. Drugs as a creative source has become too cliched, but that doesn't make them any less fun.
I get MUCH more creative when high, and it's just more fun in general. My friend has a sweet setup in his house with a keyboard (with many built-in drum beats and whatnot), many guitars, drums, bass, tons of amps...when I go there it's like heaven. We just create the funnest songs ever.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
ha i remember one time i was high and playin master of puppets and thought i was nailing the song when my friend asked why i was playin it so slow..i guess its kinda hard to miss notes wen ur playin half speed. but it definatly adds a fun twist to creativity
Dude, what a coincidence, I'm baked now!

Yeah man, I can play way better when I'm blitzed. It's like the notes play themselves almost. I can think of riffs and then play them, no problem.

Or maybe it's because I'm baked. Well, of course it's because I'm baked, but, y'know. Maybe I just think I can do that when I really can't. But I can hear it, so....

I don't know.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by huevos
Everything that is enjoyable illicits a dopamine reaction, so there is no way to circumvent what you are talking about.
And what you just said would make Bill Hicks spin in his grave.

Here's what I say: creativity spawns from creative methods. There is no one way to be creative. Drugs as a creative source has become too cliched, but that doesn't make them any less fun.

The dopamine reaction is a weak argument because your endocrine system is part of your body. Can you honestly not see any logic in what I said. You would be calling yourself dumb, and I don't think that is the case. If dopamine helps people be creative, the person is still reach that point of satisfaction, and self exploration to secret those naturally occurring chemicals. I am also not talking about just having fun. I am also not just talking about music. I am talking about being an artist. In my opinion a great artist is someone who explores one's self or ideas by themselves. It take great discipline, practice, and determination to be able to freely and efficiently express one's emotions or feelings. That is what art is. Humans have many abilities, but mind reading isn't one of them. So instead we must turn our ideas and feelings into art. That way we can get as efficient as possible in conveying our mind.
Lastly I don't believe in idolization. Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, and RATM have made some great music, but that doesn't mean that I will blindly follow them. There abilities do not exceed human capabilities, but many would disagree. Honestly I feel like you have just as much potential as Hendrix did.
Get high, and listen to War Pigs. Its the most amazing experience ever, and even when your high wears off, you will be even more creative than before.
comes down to what kinda **** you smoke. if its shwaggy or mids you get lazy, if it's some hydroponics or nug, you could probably play well. i noticed this i used to smoke **** and get lazy, like even int he shower to wash my hair but still did it obviously. i started smoking better **** and instead ofwalking inside from smoking i run likie hell its fun lol.
i've been off that **** for a while, got bored of it, but i've been thinking of starting again to write songs, cause i just can't do it sober...
Well, I normally do smoke a little spliff before I get into a personal jam session. And I smoke with my friends when we jam xD
I get distracted by the wonders of fingernails (They are like shoes for your hands!!!)
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
it lets me see the music and opens up my creativity in a different way that i like.
ecpessially when me and my friend jam.
I'll be the first to admit I suck when I played high. Couldn't focus, and just kind of fumbled around. Listening to music was incredible though, basically all I would do is listen to as many albums as I could, each was so different and much more unique.
Its great for thinking of riffs, chord progressions, so I practice them when sober.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
i have but i ended up being over hear
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Ive smoked alot of weed. Im 16 and I have been smoking weed since I was 13. Im sure there are alot of other ppl who have smoked much more weed than I have in my entire life time. Im not saying I'm an expert, but one thing I can tell you from all the weed ive smoked is youre going to have to do alot harder drugs than marijuana if you want to expand your minds "creativity" into your guitar playing.

and im just gonna leave it at that..
Page 1 of 2