First off, I would like to thank everyone in the UG community. Everyone is always so helpful, especially in this section. I just didn't want to post a random thread to say it.

With that out of the way, a little introduction: I'm 16, and looking to build a guitar. Time is a factor, so I've decided to purchase a kit instead. However, I would like to customize the fret inlays. Instead of the traditional dots (or birds in some cases), I would like my name. Is it possible to alter this without constructing a new fretboard? Keep in mind I'm only 16. Equipment, skills, and money are limited.

Also, if possible, a killswitch. How would I go about installing a push-button one? How would I go about cuttting holes, wiring, etc. Please word as simply as possible.

Again, thanks for your time and help.
<---GB&C is that way

Seriously, on the fretboard inlays, GB&C will help you a lot more.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53
This thread would probably be better there. You might get more/better responces there, as theres luthiers that converse on there.
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

You should always listen to this bird-man-woman-thing.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

What the fuck man!? That's SWEET

I think I might actually use that!

Yup head over to the Guitar building section there are people other than 13-17 year olds wondering what guitar they will buy next.
rl]