Hi! So, I'm currently in a band/project called The Breaking Pattern. Some of you know this, yadda yadda. Anyways, we're currently in the studio recording our EP and we thought that we would fully finish a song and release it as a demo. That's what this is. A teaser to the EP that will drop later this month. Probably towards the 20th or so.

So yeah, I wrote this song. In the band I play guitar and do back up vocals. We basically just all kind of combined ideas though when I had a central guitar part and vocal melody and went from there. I thought I turned out nice. So yeah, just tell me what you think! That's all! <3

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/thebreakingpattern
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
this is awesome! The vocals and harmonies are amazing. The two voices blend well together. This song is very catchy but still retains emotion and you gotta love that. The production and instrumentation on this track is high quality and I commend both your band and whoever produced this for giving a good song the backing it deserves. I'm interested in hearing more so keep us posted on the progress of your EP. And you NEED to get a MySpace, that way I can add you and stuff (cuz a band is only good if they have a myspace, j/k). Can't wait to hear more...

~Anthony
Quote by Antoniowashere
this is awesome! The vocals and harmonies are amazing. The two voices blend well together. This song is very catchy but still retains emotion and you gotta love that. The production and instrumentation on this track is high quality and I commend both your band and whoever produced this for giving a good song the backing it deserves. I'm interested in hearing more so keep us posted on the progress of your EP. And you NEED to get a MySpace, that way I can add you and stuff (cuz a band is only good if they have a myspace, j/k). Can't wait to hear more...

~Anthony

Hey thanks a lot for listening man. We're working on a myspace, don't worry Glad you liked though, thank you for the comments.
Portugal. The Man »–
Dude, that's fucking wicked! Props to you and your band man. Job well done!
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
I like the circular pattern of the picking guitar, but the strum pattern and chords sound very generic. I also agree, though that the harmonies work very well, especially once the song gets bigger.

The chorus does sound very marketable, and not just popular local band catchy.

The song is very well produced, I will say that.

Listen to my stuff?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=925627
Quote by fleaflicker182
I like the circular pattern of the picking guitar, but the strum pattern and chords sound very generic. I also agree, though that the harmonies work very well, especially once the song gets bigger.

The chorus does sound very marketable, and not just popular local band catchy.

The song is very well produced, I will say that.

Listen to my stuff?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=925627

Hmm, I thought the strum pattern was kind of unique myself. Thanks though man!
Portugal. The Man »–
you're a girl? cool. anyways, both vocals were excellent. i thought the chorus would be more interesting if you had gone into a double time. as it was it was just a bit too similar. the drums sounded good. the bass was pretty boring....root note root note, more root note.

the pre-chorus should have a lead line imo. that would provide a more even approach, because this is rather bassy. good stuff though.

all in all, this is a very beautiful.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920938
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by chrisatgrace
you're a girl? cool. anyways, both vocals were excellent. i thought the chorus would be more interesting if you had gone into a double time. as it was it was just a bit too similar. the drums sounded good. the bass was pretty boring....root note root note, more root note.

the pre-chorus should have a lead line imo. that would provide a more even approach, because this is rather bassy. good stuff though.

all in all, this is a very beautiful.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920938

Yeah I'm not a girl. Sorry. I do the male back up vox...

Anyways, the bass was intend to be simple. It's an acoustic driven song.

Thanks for listening though!
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
Yeah I'm not a girl. Sorry. I do the male back up vox...

Anyways, the bass was intend to be simple. It's an acoustic driven song.

Thanks for listening though!

so there is another guy singing? this sounded very male vocal driven.
Too cool for a signature.
I hate to be that guy, but the song strikes me as nothing more than a generic pop song. I mean, the recording quality is excellent, the band is tight, vocals are on, and you could probably get yourself a decent fanbase writing tracks like this, but I didn't hear anything special. It feels like I've heard the song before.
Quote by albino strat!
I hate to be that guy, but the song strikes me as nothing more than a generic pop song. I mean, the recording quality is excellent, the band is tight, vocals are on, and you could probably get yourself a decent fanbase writing tracks like this, but I didn't hear anything special. It feels like I've heard the song before.

Pop? Hmm.. How did you come to that conclusion? You're the first one that's ever classified this song with that genre. Just wondering what elements made it stand out as pop in your mind. Thanks for listening.
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
Pop? Hmm.. How did you come to that conclusion? You're the first one that's ever classified this song with that genre. Just wondering what elements made it stand out as pop in your mind. Thanks for listening.

Um... how do you not? This song is a pop song. There's nothing else to call it except an "acoustic-based song", which is not descriptive at all.

It's good, I disagree with the guy, because I think it's original enough to stand out, and it has a nice melody behind it, so it's fine.

But it IS a pop song. Just a nice little acoustic pop song. And there's nothing wrong with that. I don't know if you're offended or what, but like it or not, it's pop music. And some pretty good pop music at that.

Nice work, I'll keep an eye out for the finished album.
Quote by Retribution
Um... how do you not? This song is a pop song. There's nothing else to call it except an "acoustic-based song", which is not descriptive at all.

It's good, I disagree with the guy, because I think it's original enough to stand out, and it has a nice melody behind it, so it's fine.

But it IS a pop song. Just a nice little acoustic pop song. And there's nothing wrong with that. I don't know if you're offended or what, but like it or not, it's pop music. And some pretty good pop music at that.

Nice work, I'll keep an eye out for the finished album.

No, I wasn't offended, I just didn't think it was a pop song myself that's all. Caught me off guard a bit

Thanks though!
Portugal. The Man »–