the ultimate settings thread displays no, settings for this band, so i was wondering if anyone on this site would know what eq settings this band uses, or what amps they use.

i love this bands tone and would love to at least try and achieve it.

any help would be great, but no "eww scooped mids" sh it.

cheers. peace.x.x
generic metal tone?

i dunno man, cut back on the mids, boost the treb and mid-to high bass. lots of gain.

it largely depends on the amp though if your'e trying to achieve a GOOD tone you won't crank it out of a 15 watt practice amp.. if that's what youre using, maybe
Well, when I saw them on Gigantour while waiting for Arch Enemy, they were using DSL heads. It's pretty stock standard metalcore tone, scooped mids, american voiced amps and fairly high bass and treble.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
yeh im using a vk212, no 15 watter here mate hahaha

its just there tone sounds sooooooooo different to other metalcore bands.

like so much more clarity in individual notes, but that could also be due to pickup selection..

thanks for the help so far,

and wow, incubus fan at gigantour :O, thats unique, im digging it haha
Quote by xxXshredderXxx
yeh im using a vk212, no 15 watter here mate hahaha

its just there tone sounds sooooooooo different to other metalcore bands.

like so much more clarity in individual notes, but that could also be due to pickup selection..

thanks for the help so far,

and wow, incubus fan at gigantour :O, thats unique, im digging it haha

Lol I likes my musical diversity. I've seen Opeth (will a second time next month), Arch Enemy and Amon Amarth, but I have also seen Jack Johnson, Ben Harper and Angus and Julia Stone.

Live, Caliban's tone was pretty loud, and it did retain some clarity when compared to some of the other metalcore crap I have seen *cough*Alexisonfire*cough*. For a Valveking, you probably should look at getting a fairly powerful overdrive like a Maxon OD-9 or a Fulltone OCD, something that will boost the gain a little and clean up some of the messy notes. Also, look at an amp that is a little more responsive like an ENGL or a Peavey 6505 if you have the money, but I think a bit of careful EQing on the Valveking will get you relatively close.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Lol I likes my musical diversity. I've seen Opeth (will a second time next month), Arch Enemy and Amon Amarth, but I have also seen Jack Johnson, Ben Harper and Angus and Julia Stone.

Live, Caliban's tone was pretty loud, and it did retain some clarity when compared to some of the other metalcore crap I have seen *cough*Alexisonfire*cough*. For a Valveking, you probably should look at getting a fairly powerful overdrive like a Maxon OD-9 or a Fulltone OCD, something that will boost the gain a little and clean up some of the messy notes. Also, look at an amp that is a little more responsive like an ENGL or a Peavey 6505 if you have the money, but I think a bit of careful EQing on the Valveking will get you relatively close.

hahaha your musical diversity is rad, like me, i listen to behomoth and nile, but sometimes i listen to bloody, hawkind or lynard skynard, or even god forsaken hawthorn heights hahahahaha

yeh i hate alexisonfires tone too haha

i have a ts7, but im guessing an ocd or maxon would be a lot nicer tone quality.

thanks for your help mate
Quote by xxXshredderXxx
hahaha your musical diversity is rad, like me, i listen to behomoth and nile, but sometimes i listen to bloody, hawkind or lynard skynard, or even god forsaken hawthorn heights hahahahaha

yeh i hate alexisonfires tone too haha

i have a ts7, but im guessing an ocd or maxon would be a lot nicer tone quality.

thanks for your help mate

Yeah, the TS7 is ok, but it's not really good for the purpose you intend to use it for. Getting a stronger OD will change a lot. Another thing that may be handy (while I can't stand them, they do have benefites) is an EQ pedal, it'll really shape your tone the way you want to have it.

That's no problem mate!
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Hey dude, I had a Behringer about 5 years ago, it was pretty good, but it was noisy as hell. Look at trying an MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM