I'm going to go see Buckethead in Oct.
I'm gonna be so mad if he plays Jordan or anyone yells it or says its their favorite buckethead song because they havent heard any of his songs then because that **** song was made to be played on guitar hero not really to listen to.
Generally, the people who say they like it, probably do like the sound of it.

Why aren't they allowed to like it? Because it's on Guitar Hero? Definitely not.
Wow, that was subtle, the way you boasted about seeing buckethead.

Shh.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
i'm thinking he'll probably play Jordan...if it pisses you off so much, give someone else the tickets.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Wow, that was subtle, the way you boasted about seeing buckethead.

Shh.

Dude your so uber

Sig it bitch!

personally i just hope he plays whitewash for you, that song is so amazing it could make you pregnant!
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
Dude. Jordan is an awesome song, Guitar Hero or not. I'm really glad that Jordan was on Guitar Hero 2 in the first place - why? Because it got Buckethead exposure, which means more fans, which means more revenue, ergo he's more able to make great music.

Grow the **** up; just because one little video game came out and caused a few hundred thousand more people to become aware of a great musician doesn't mean you should hate them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
EDIT: nevermind. my library is retarded. but i do somehow have a way different version.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Last edited by metalhead_99801 at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by man_po_po
I mean the song sucks compaired to everything else he has

I don't think so; I reckon it compares very well to all his other stuff.
Quote by man_po_po
I'm going to go see Buckethead in Oct.
I'm gonna be so mad if he plays Jordan or anyone yells it or says its their favorite buckethead song because they havent heard any of his songs then because that **** song was made to be played on guitar hero not really to listen to.

I don't know how much Buckethead tickets run for, but if anyone shells out money to go see Buckethead because they liked that ONE song on Guitar Hero, then they're really kinda dumb, and if they do show up, the least he could do is play the song considering they paid the same amount for one song that you paid for the whole concert.

TL;DR

Get over it.
i love that song, so i gotta say, suck it bitch, i hope your show gets cancelled
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
I heard Buckethead sells his CD's by word of mouth rather than advertisement, so I figure his shows would be fairly underground as well, no?
why would he not play his most popular song?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
meh
i havent listened much buckethead
but you can give me your tickets if you like
i'll tape jordan just for you
haha you just got your ass kicked in your own thread

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by InvaderTSN
He's going to play the intro to Jordan, go into Post Office Buddies, and then play the ending of Jordan. It's always been like that.

tl;dr?

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I DON'T WANT BUCKETHEAD TO PLAY JORDAN!

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Get over it.

This year he's been playing the whole thing, no Post Office Buddy.
Also, be glad you can see him, OP, I've been waiting years to see my idol in concert and I can't get in to the venue because I'm not old enough.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by InvaderTSN
He's going to play the intro to Jordan, go into Post Office Buddies, and then play the ending of Jordan. It's always been like that.

Actually, he's played it with the solo since December 2007. Look at the live videos of him circa 2008, the Great American Music Hall shows are a perfect example of this.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Actually, he's played it with the solo since December 2007. Look at the live videos of him circa 2008, the Great American Music Hall shows are a perfect example of this.

December '07 is close enough for me to say this year.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
hell most likely play the original version, if at all, which is basically a differently styled(particularly with the whammy pedal) intro then either 1. other songs with the intro just repeated between them 2. a huge bass breakdown

EDIT: damn havent watched a buckethead video in a while seems times have changed..
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Aug 3, 2008,
TS, grow up. It's a good song, irrelevant of it being on Guitar Hero.

You're the sort of person who if your fav song appeared on that game would immediately claim to hate it and say it's that artists worst song.

Get over yourself.
Quote by Regression
TS, grow up. It's a good song, irrelevant of it being on Guitar Hero.

You're the sort of person who if your fav song appeared on that game would immediately claim to hate it and say it's that artists worst song.

Get over yourself.

yea. i even listen to the solo version every once in a while. the layering at the begining sounds beasty through the car stereo.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by NGD1313
I don't know how much Buckethead tickets run for, but if anyone shells out money to go see Buckethead because they liked that ONE song on Guitar Hero, then they're really kinda dumb, and if they do show up, the least he could do is play the song considering they paid the same amount for one song that you paid for the whole concert.

TL;DR

Get over it.

+1, I doubt some one is going to pay to see him play for one song.
The only reason I hate Jordan being on Guitar Hero is because (back when it was popular) you had people running around acting like they've loved buckethead for years, when they just know one song that isn't even in it's original live version.

Sure, I imagine he made some more money off it and that couldn't have hurt, but I'd rather not have to ask seven people at my school what their favorite Buckethead song is, all reply Jordan, then ask them about the other version and get blank stares.

I haven't ever had a chance to see him live, sadly. If he played Jordan though, I'd want to see Post Office Buddy. He hasn't been doing that lately.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
gh2 is the reason i discovered buckethead haha i used to be obsessed with him for like 2 months. my favorite of his is nottingham lace or dime tribute song. i like the original version of jordan better than guitar hero version, but the gh2 version isnt bad. tdnights i know exactly what your talking about. i had jordan on my ipod last year and some guitar hero fanatic came uop and said oh that song is teh pwnzorz! i was like is that the only buckethead song youve ever heard? he thought buckethead wasnt a serious artist, like srong bad or smething and had one song
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
I hope i'm not beating a dead horse by saying this, but you do know that Buckethead was playing parts of Jordan before it was on Guitar Hero, right? You said that it's a song made for Guitar Hero, which I guess you could say that about the solo, but it is untrue for the rest of the song. If someone else has already made this clear, I apologize, I did not read all of the posts.
Quote by lotsofvolume
Generally, the people who say they like it, probably do like the sound of it.

Why aren't they allowed to like it? Because it's on Guitar Hero? Definitely not.

I don't think that's the TS's point, he wants to clearly state that he likes Buckethead and thinks Jordan is ruining him because 99.2% of the people there are there to hear Jordan. It really is unfair when those tickets could go to people who dont wear popped collars and wont say "i beat that on medium!!!"
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Quote by Td_Nights
The only reason I hate Jordan being on Guitar Hero is because (back when it was popular) you had people running around acting like they've loved buckethead for years, when they just know one song that isn't even in it's original live version.

Sure, I imagine he made some more money off it and that couldn't have hurt, but I'd rather not have to ask seven people at my school what their favorite Buckethead song is, all reply Jordan, then ask them about the other version and get blank stares.

I haven't ever had a chance to see him live, sadly. If he played Jordan though, I'd want to see Post Office Buddy. He hasn't been doing that lately.

I've seen him live, it was only 15 bucks.

Now, my problem with your statement is that you feel you have to show music superiority to others by asking them to name so and so many songs by an artist that you like. What is the problem? The fact that you're not special anymore because you're not the only one who listens to Buckethead? Poor thing. We should probably embaress people just because they like a song and don't know the rest of his catalog which is somewhat difficult to obtain unless you're going through the internet anyway. Because music isn't about sharing, or having a good time, damn it. It is about who is better than who.

Shut up, TS.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
wow i heard tickets were around 20$ i didnt think it was true tho. extremely worth it i say!
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by James_Water2
I don't think that's the TS's point, he wants to clearly state that he likes Buckethead and thinks Jordan is ruining him because 99.2% of the people there are there to hear Jordan. It really is unfair when those tickets could go to people who dont wear popped collars and wont say "i beat that on medium!!!"

Why is that? Why is that unfair? The people who wear popped collars still paid their twenty bucks. And they enjoyed it as well. And maybe they learned more about an artist that they never would have known about if it weren't for the fact that he was on a popular video game. Its unfair to Buckethead to think his fans should consist soley of guitarists, and no one else should hear him play, or enjoy seeing him live. Not to mention, that was the whole reason he was on Guitar Hero 2 in the first place. He wasn't paid to be on the game, you know.. since he was a bonus song. He did it for exposure, and yes that means to the people who don't really play guitar.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I've seen him live, it was only 15 bucks.

Now, my problem with your statement is that you feel you have to show music superiority to others by asking them to name so and so many songs by an artist that you like. What is the problem? The fact that you're not special anymore because you're not the only one who listens to Buckethead? Poor thing. We should probably embaress people just because they like a song and don't know the rest of his catalog which is somewhat difficult to obtain unless you're going through the internet anyway. Because music isn't about sharing, or having a good time, damn it. It is about who is better than who.

Shut up, TS.

I'm not showing superiority.

It's just a bit irritating when the same people that mocked you because they thought your music was 'weird', now are in love with it because it's on a video game.

Highschool's fun.

I'm not agreeing with the TS, if that's what you're understanding either.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Why is that? Why is that unfair? The people who wear popped collars still paid their twenty bucks. And they enjoyed it as well. And maybe they learned more about an artist that they never would have known about if it weren't for the fact that he was on a popular video game. Its unfair to Buckethead to think his fans should consist soley of guitarists, and no one else should hear him play, or enjoy seeing him live. Not to mention, that was the whole reason he was on Guitar Hero 2 in the first place. He wasn't paid to be on the game, you know.. since he was a bonus song. He did it for exposure, and yes that means to the people who don't really play guitar.

Because I've been to shows were fans were left out on the street missing out on a band they loved and people who are there to hear one song get in and get out!

Its unfair to do your hit song then half the audience leaves... its embarrassing.

No where did I say guitarists... my brothers friend loves him and cant play guitar.
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Quote by Td_Nights
I'm not showing superiority.

It's just a bit irritating when the same people that mocked you because they thought your music was 'weird', now are in love with it because it's on a video game.

Highschool's fun.

I'm not agreeing with the TS, if that's what you're understanding either.

I really don't think it is because it is on a game. I haven't heard anyone going on about how awesome the Police are because they were on a video game. It has to do with the fact that an non-mainstream guy makes good music. Maybe they like the music, too. As for the mocking thing.. Hell, when I was younger and stupider I constantly mocked hip-hop and country music and eventually I learned to love it. I grew up, and I quit acting stupid. Maybe they are, too. Instead of being irritated by it, you should probably be happy.
Quote by James_Water2
Because I've been to shows were fans were left out on the street missing out on a band they loved and people who are there to hear one song get in and get out!

Its unfair to do your hit song then half the audience leaves... its embarrassing.

I've never seen that done. Except for maybe at festivals. As for the edit, I say guitarists because it seems that his fan base consists mainly of guitarists. Or it used to. Plus, I really wouldn't worry about a Buckethead show selling out, the one I went to was half empty.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Aug 3, 2008,