I often hear sounds that I expect to hear, even if there really was no sound. For example: if I was to drop a pen on the floor, and for whatever reason, it didn't make a sound when it hit, I would hear the click of it hitting the floor. Often when I'm on msn, I hear the sound it makes when someone says something to you, but no one did....

I also sometimes hear vocal harmonies and other instruments in a song that aren't really there.

Pit, am I crazy?
sup?
The power of implication can do a lot. It's quite normal for your brain to fill in things that it would naturally expect to be there or things that it wants to exist. Don't worry about it.

I always get the feeling of my cellphone vibrating in my pocket even though there is no cellphone there.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Nah, not crazy. I don't exactly know how to explain it, but you're not crazy. It has to do with the mind becoming used to things and putting them there when they're not.

edit: Darkstar beat me to it, and explained it better.
And yea, I get that cell phone vibrate thing feeling myself.
Spiral Out
Quote by ldl67
I often hear sounds that I expect to hear, even if there really was no sound. For example: if I was to drop a pen on the floor, and for whatever reason, it didn't make a sound when it hit, I would hear the click of it hitting the floor. Often when I'm on msn, I hear the sound it makes when someone says something to you, but no one did....

I also sometimes hear vocal harmonies and other instruments in a song that aren't really there.

Pit, am I crazy?

Maybe you DID hear the sounds, because they were there... As in you heard the pen lid hitting the floor because it made a sound, or you hear the harmonies because they're there.. The strange part would be you thinking you made up the sounds in your head..
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
I think you may just be the answer to the age old question "If a tree falls in the wood and no one's around..."
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Quote by Jimmyyoung
Maybe you DID hear the sounds, because they were there... As in you heard the pen lid hitting the floor because it made a sound, or you hear the harmonies because they're there.. The strange part would be you thinking you made up the sounds in your head..

Hey, keep the zero division out of this.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
its just an audio halucination youll be fine my one friend has these all the time. your probably just really stressed or something
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by darkstar2466
The power of implication can do a lot. It's quite normal for your brain to fill in things that it would naturally expect to be there or things that it wants to exist. Don't worry about it.

I always get the feeling of my cellphone vibrating in my pocket even though there is no cellphone there.

Basically what this guy said, he beat me to it. Your brain will fill in little gaps that it thinks are supposed to be there.
its your brain playing tricks on you
I do the same thing with my phone. I always think my phone got a new text message. and when i check it i dont
Quote by ldl67

i'm in a marching band, and for warm up we'll start by all playing the same note to match pitch, tone, blah...but i'll hear the fifth a lot without it actually being there
Similarly, memories that have not been remembered more than once or twice are the most pristine because your brain doesn't have a chance to fuck up the original memory by replacing bits of it with things that it thinks are relevant. (even though they may have nothing to do with the memory)

If the memory of you playing your first full song on guitar has only been remembered once or twice by your brain, it is more "true" than if it is the 50th recollection.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
the msn thing always happens to me!
Gibson Les Paul Faded Honeyburst
Ibanez RG1570 - EMG 81/85
Marshall JVM 205c
Marshall MS-4 Microstack
----------------------------
ESP EC-404 Les Paul Bass
Marshall B65
Quote by Jimmyyoung

that just tripped me the f*ck out
Quote by ldl67

Pit, am I crazy?

No you're not imagining them, they're actually there and you're taking a credit for them

Go home TS
Like when you start a song that starts softly, but your volume is all the way down...
TS has a wild imagination. On the other hand, it may help him with music.
so.. you're hearing sounds that you expect to hear..
wow that never happens to me.
so the answer is "no. u r just S7UpEeD!!!"
^hey hidden beverage message
Quote by darkstar2466

this...
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Quote by darkstar2466

Yeah I get that. Sometimes I'll feel a vibration in my pocket, go to get my phone and realise I don't have it on me, stand there confused for about 2 seconds and then caryy on with what I was doing.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by darkstar2466

OK, Thanks.

But the reason I posted this is it seems to be happening more often lately...
sup?
Quote by ldl67

Pit, am I crazy?

That happens to me a hell of a lot!!!!

... High 5 for being special Idl67!!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by ldl67
OK, Thanks.

But the reason I posted this is it seems to be happening more often lately...

I am back from my leave, child. Everything will be alright.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I have a similar problem with text/written words

My brain replaces words so I misread stuff quite often...only been a recent thing though
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
i hear people calling my name when i play my iPod.

and i feel my phone vibrate, even though i have no friends to call text me.
(O.\\)
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
Quote by darkstar2466

This man is a genius.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live