Hey guys, im playing in a pop rock band and im the rhythm guitarist in the band..
My settings are
Bass:8
Mid:7
Treble:4

Im using the neck pickup of a stratocaster in the band. I play in clean channel as im always playing full chords instead of power chords. Even when im on overdrive channel, its mostly clean sounding..

The problem is should i play distortion as well to sync with my band who uses distortion? When we are jamming, i cant hear myself even when im infront of my amp.. Should i use the bridge pickup instead if thats the case? Or is my setting too bassy? Btw the amp in the jamming room is a Marshall amp. My jamming mates advises me to use distortion but i dislike the distortion sound, so do u think i should switch from clean/overdrive to distortion? Thanks
It's punk, your not supposed to hear yourself.....and hopefully neither will the crowd.

Sorry, but I got duked into going to a local bar/gig the other night that was all punk and I still want the 2hrs of my life that I wasted back.
What Marhsall amp is it?
If you can't hear yourself if you are standing right next to your amp, then chances are, nobody else can hear you either, so turn up.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
boom> yeah i was standing beside my amp.. a question is do i turn up my vol or my gain? Thanks
Your clean channel will have volume and gain, as it is a marshall, so turn up the volume. You still need gain to be heard though, so maybe set the gain up on around 4 (11 o'clock), then adjust your volume from there.

If you need a bit of overdrive with it, turn your gain to around maybe 8 (3 o'clock or so) then adjust your volume from there. Be sure to have the volume down when you adjust the gain if you go up though, or else you might blow your ears.

What marshall is it though?
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Dude if you are playing "pop rock" and the other guitarist is hitting powerchords with distortion you also need distortion. Its no good using your clean channel for powerchord simply because you dont like distortion.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2