Page 1 of 2
It's hard to concentrate on a guitar when boobs are involved i suppose...
Current Gear:

PRS Custom 24 (Whale Blue)
Jackson KVX10 (With SD Blackouts)
Line 6 POD XT Live
They're in the kitchen...
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ120

-Ibanez AW40ECE Acoustic

-RMS 80Watt Amp

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can make that in a day. Give blowjobs in your school bathroom for 10 bucks.

That's how I paid the downpayment on my car.
Because it's been mainly a guys game for a long time.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
chauvinism?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Look at Kaki King's site and myspace in my sig, go look her up on Youtube, and then come back and tell me there aren't any legendary female guitar players, so I can laugh at your naivete.
yourmumism?
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by ibanez-bitch
They're in the kitchen...

Dayum! Beat to it

But anyway, I don't know. Some girls are really good though, they just don't get much press.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Girls tend to have lives, and don't spend their whole life in their bedrooms learning, which boys are conditioned to do.

Or that's what I reckon.
somethig-ism

what about nancy wilson? there are very great female guitar players but the only thing that keeps them from being legendary is that everyone's too busy paying attention to male guitar players and so our female players are over shadowed...
Quote by PlayMadness
"Look left >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Left, you idiot!"

Quote by neopowell
Well, girls make different pitched noises depending on where you touch them, so it's kind of similar.
Kaki in my language means ****, just so you know.

How strange, in mine it means:

EPIC FUCKING WIN

Quote by XSider

How strange, It means **** in my language too!
Art historian and feminist Linda Nochlin wrote an essay that explained why there are no great women artists (visual artists) and I feel that many of the ideas she presented in that essay apply to this question. She talked about how women were always at a disadvantage because they had to have a male guide (typically father or spouse) that led them through the process and they were often left to paint portraits and still life's. Also they had no great tales or myths to make their careers seem legendary, like Van Gogh or Michelangelo. Also, they did not have legendary predecessors to learn from.

honestly, this can be applied to guitar players. Women don't have the same advantages that males to when it comes to guitar. Think about it baby
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Last edited by terrencemaddox at Aug 3, 2008,
isms lots of isms.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, you show her common sense. You show her your common sense hard. You shove your common sense down her throat. She's a naughty little thing and you need to beat some common sense all over her face.

^In regards to incest
Because Hendrix had BALLS. But sriously there are some great female guitarists. A lot of great blues guitarists are female. I cant name any but trust me they are out there........somewhere.
...Girls are being raised nowadays to be dumb. The media makes pop culture figures like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan famous so girls will idolize them and be just as dumb as they are. The whole reason behind this being that males become the dominant sex in society, marry a woman during adulthood, have kids, and the cycle repeats to keep the economy alive.

Because of this, a large percentage of girls never want to learn how to play guitar because society tells them that bands and guitar players are guys, and that girls should do something more dainty, like cheerleading and choir.

Thankfully, there's always going to be a percentage of people who raise their children to be successful instead of becoming another drone in society. The only female guitarist I know personally is a girl down the street who has been playing for 4 years and wants to go to Ball State to take music theory. As for "legendary" female guitarists, the best you're probably going to get is either that chick from L7 who threw a used tampon at the crowd, or the chicks from Kittie.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
I read about this once in Psychology Today. It was actually about why most geniuses are male.

Basically geniuses, or in the context of our topic, legends, use their skill to get laid. You can see how this could work for a rockstar. It doesn't work that way for women. Men are the ones who have traditionally wooed the women. The man must gain the woman's acceptance. Some people think males developed music to attract females.

On the same note, this is why many geniuses peak when they are young (in their twenties). This is because this is biologically when they are supposed to be going out and having seks with the women they attract. Also, this explains the theory that when geniuses get married or entrenched in long term relationships, they lose their genius ability.

One of the article's hooks on the cover page was, "What Bill Gates has in common with a criminal." Or something to that effect. Basically, males use different ways to display their attractiveness to women. Some of those include taking part in high-risk behavior to display high testosterone levels (i.e. balls). Another way is to be a computer genius and become a billionaire. Yet another is to take a guitar and become a rockstar...I think you get the point.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Last edited by yoshixxx7 at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by JC13
Legendary =/= Skilled.
Legendary = Legendary.

I bet more than half of this site (nothing but musicians) haven't heard of her, ever...

This is true. Again, I need to make a connection to visual artists, but women artists like Rachel Ruysch were more than virtuoso technicians. When you look at one of her paintings you can see the dew dripping off of the plant because it is so realistic and perfect. BUT, this was not some thing that made her stand out. In other words, her technique wasn't enough.

Kaki is fantastic, but it isn't anything we haven't already heard. Michael Hedges was already there long before.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by XSider

WHOA! You have YOUR own language?

Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

This thread is basicly the same as why hasn't there ever been a black president of the U.S. yet?

Who cares? It's just gender. Where as prez, it's just race. Who seriously cares? We're all humans. That's all that matters.

Now if it was some squirel playing some wicked solo, call me.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by shakin'cakes
This thread is basicly the same as why hasn't there ever been a black president of the U.S. yet?

Because Blacks don't want to get laid?
Kaka/Caca means **** in most Latin based langauges, which amuses me because one of Brazil's best football players is called Kaka. Talk about nice parents.
From my experience most women aren't inclined to make music a large part fo their life. If they are it is usually in some womanly "acoustic" form that no one with an ounce of testosterone could touch without their balls falling off (Indie I think they call it). This results in nearly every female who picks up guitar choosing the pussified version of the electric guitar, the "acoustic". This also limits them to playing boring trash that they have to SING OVER to stop the listener from falling asleep, and this creates the womanly music mentioned above. A truly vicious cycle.
Hey youre forgetting Dolly! Dolly Parton owns your scrowny little asses! May not be like "insane-steve-vai" legendary, but she IS indeed legendary.

It must be har beeng a woman in this buisness. It doesnt quite cut it just to be ridicuolusly good at guitar. You have to look like a billion bucks as well.

But Orianthi? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDhV-xXDWsE

Could be.

And if Shania Twain could play guitar I`d be happy

Was`nt Angus Young going for a sexcange?
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
Quote by Alix_D
Kaka/Caca means **** in most Latin based langauges, which amuses me because one of Brazil's best football players is called Kaka. Talk about nice parents.

haha

I'm now gonna search for any skilled female axe players, since Hearing Kaki King I'm inspired to find MOAR!
Quote by GerGuam
From my experience most women aren't inclined to make music a large part fo their life. If they are it is usually in some womanly "acoustic" form that no one with an ounce of testosterone could touch without their balls falling off (Indie I think they call it). This results in nearly every female who picks up guitar choosing the pussified version of the electric guitar, the "acoustic". This also limits them to playing boring trash that they have to SING OVER to stop the listener from falling asleep, and this creates the womanly music mentioned above. A truly vicious cycle.

Wow, man thats deep. so Acoustic = Pussified version of electric?

haha

If you think that I don't think yuou're a true player
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

the electric guitar (which i assume you mean by "guitar players") has been around for only a fraction of music history. maybe when it's been around as long as classical instruments, women will start to learn it with more frequency. also, all the stories associated with rockstarism, drugs, all that, probably doesn't appear to women that much somehow.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by blogz
Hey youre forgetting Dolly! Dolly Parton owns your scrowny little asses! May not be like "insane-steve-vai" legendary, but she IS indeed legendary.

It must be har beeng a woman in this buisness. It doesnt quite cut it just to be ridicuolusly good at guitar. You have to look like a billion bucks as well.

You seem to have overlooked that there are two big reasons as to why Dolly is famous.
Quote by Fender_M1A
You seem to have overlooked that there are two big reasons as to why Dolly is famous.

Her vocals style and tight rhythm section?
Most girls like pop music

[/stereotype]
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by eggo_boi_15

Wow, man thats deep. so Acoustic = Pussified version of electric?

haha

Most people don't know this but the electric guitar came before the acoustic. Only after a woman laid her weak hands on it was the acoustic guitar born, hence the "pussification". The reason the myth that acoustic is older than electric was due to a massive amount of propoganda spread by Nikolai Kruschev in an attempt to bring the U.S. down musically.
Quote by GerGuam
Most people don't know this but the electric guitar came before the acoustic. Only after a woman laid her weak hands on it was the acoustic guitar born, hence the "pussification". The reason the myth that acoustic is older than electric was due to a massive amount of propoganda spread by Nikolai Kruschev in an attempt to bring the U.S. down musically.

Finally someone who knows, I thought I was the only one.
Page 1 of 2