Well after 2 years of my parents not letting me have my own computer (We had an old one that still worked fine and we upgraded, they wouldnt let me have the old one in my room for myslef they just sold it for like 20 bucks) they said they would think about getting me a laptop for christmas!!!

If i could i would have a Mac laptop but they said they are a bit overpriced.
Anyway they said if they did buy me one (The word if seemed to be accentuated there) it would be a windows laptop about the $1000 mark. Ive seen many on the internet and looked at a nice toshiba but there are so many i think ill have to go look in a shop. I definately need Vista home premium because it has extra features i need.

This will make it so much easier in my bid to teach myself lots of coding languages (Ive only mastered HTML so far) and it will be easier in yr 11 and 12 to keep all my work on it and i can take it to school.

Anyway hape youve enjoyed my enjoyment.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Don't listen to the Vista haters, it's not that bad. Have fun.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Expect a lot of 'Vista sucks' comments.

But yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed your enjoyment...
Nice, have fun when you get it.
You should be able to get some pretty good laptops in that price range.
Quote by kezzaguy
tl; dr

Then don't comment.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

yeah definately dont listen to vista haters... i got a new laptop for myself last week.. (first time using vista) and i find it to be quite user friendly

TS: is there any chance of you piching in an extra $500 you can get fairly decent ones for that price... unless you dont want to put any games on it the $1000 will do just fine for coding and such
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
Quote by TooFast
Don't listen to the Vista haters, it's not that bad. Have fun.

+1 it works fine, i think most of the haters only tried it once when it was just released.
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
I also think most of the Vista haters are the people who have like 1TB of memory and like 4GB of ram and put so much stuff on the basic edition it crashes under pressure. Then they write reviews saying they suck and that spreads to everyone else.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by jake_1234
I also think most of the Vista haters are the people who have like 1TB of memory and like 4GB of ram and put so much stuff on the basic edition it crashes under pressure. Then they write reviews saying they suck and that spreads to everyone else.

I wish I had 1TB of memory and 4GB of RAM
Yeah Vista is nice and all, but don't download too much things.
I only have 80GB left in it and I still haven't bought myself an External HD yet.
Better buy one now...
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Vista does not suck. You just have to set up your laptop before you are using that. I was ****tin' around with that for a 2 days and now it works excellent (I have to tap on the wood). I have a fun with Vista, no freezing, no viruses, nice design, works really good.
Fender Stan. Stratocaster HSS 60th Anniversary
Squier Deluxe V-String Jazz Bass (active p-ups)
Peavey Valveking 112
Zoom G2.1u
...and my fingers

.: Music Heals :.
How is the virus tolerance?
I want to be able to download movies off limewire but i dont know how good our virus protection is?
Also is there a program similar to iMovie for vista?
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by SuperRitsu
I wish I had 1TB of memory and 4GB of RAM
Yeah Vista is nice and all, but don't download too much things.
I only have 80GB left in it and I still haven't bought myself an External HD yet.
Better buy one now...

I only have 10GB left
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

what the hell is all this vista dsn't suck? I have it and it looks pretty but it makes my comp a lot slower than before.
Vista is not that bad but I prefer Windows Xp. Who cares if it doesnt look as sleek as vista or any mac os? I guess the reason is because it's the one I'm most familiar with, I bet if I used my computer with windows vista more I would eventually like it more, but yeah anyway.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Its not that vista isnt user friendly, its just that it eats the **** out of performance.

But good luck man! Wish I had a lappy...
And yes, you will fap.

Furiously
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

I have a pretty mediocre computer that runs Vista great. I haven't had a single spy-ware, ad-ware, virus problem since installing it (I also use fire fox). The cascading windows and cosmetic features are a plus. I run games just fine on Vista as well. Vista even auto updates your drivers (I've yet to have it give me an incorrect driver as well). Honestly, try it out for yourself, don't let the Vista-hating fad steer you away without giving it a chance.

I've never heard of "iMovie" but a google search says that it's for video editing? I don't edit movies so I don't know if/which Vista pack (home, premium, etc) would come with a video editing program, but as you probably guessed there are definitely some out there compatible with windows.

This was posted in another thread here on UG about Vista that I found to be funny
http://www.mojaveexperiment.com/
lol @ sub-$1000 Macbooks being released right after you buy a PC.

The reason they're overpriced is because they're worth it. Not to mention 2-in-1.
Quote by shatsbasoon
I have a pretty mediocre computer that runs Vista great. I haven't had a single spy-ware, ad-ware, virus problem since installing it (I also use fire fox). The cascading windows and cosmetic features are a plus. I run games just fine on Vista as well. Vista even auto updates your drivers (I've yet to have it give me an incorrect driver as well). Honestly, try it out for yourself, don't let the Vista-hating fad steer you away without giving it a chance.

I've never heard of "iMovie" but a google search says that it's for video editing? I don't edit movies so I don't know if/which Vista pack (home, premium, etc) would come with a video editing program, but as you probably guessed there are definitely some out there compatible with windows.

This was posted in another thread here on UG about Vista that I found to be funny

+1 to that. I've had no problems, mine runs great on 1.5GB of Ram.

Also, I've got Home Basic, and it comes with Windows Movie Maker.
Quote by shatsbasoon

Haha, very nice.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Quote by jake_1234

Yeah, Vista is great. Especially if you want to run any program.... at all.... ehhhh....
Vista. Nice when it works.

****ing annoying if/when you encounter problems. I 'spose any computer problem is annoying though.
If you buy new you really wont get a choice of OS, you will get vista, which is ok but my comp runs way faster on xp.

Also i wouldn't really trust vista to do all the antivirus work. AVG works well for me.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
My Gateway laptop was about £350 ($700) and it kicks ass. And yeah, Vista is good once you get the upgrades.