Hello, i own a mim strat with ssh picup configuration and a floyd rose with a locking nut. That's how i bought it . I wanna change the bridge and the neck and bridge pickups. I was thinking about installing a wilkinson vs100 but i then i realized that it means i need a new nut, and i have no idea what to get. My musical taste is mainly blues and classic rock but i would like a good bridge humbacker pickup because the factory one is crappy. About the i was thinkn of texas special. Any suggestions and recommandations for pickups and bridge would help. Thanks
get a kahler and maybe a duncan 59 (bridge)and an ssl1 (for the neck). you can use the floyd nut with the kahler easily, in fact a lot of people use the floyd nut over a kahler nut with the kahler system
My band (Vocals/Lead Guitar)
www.myspace.com/kilmoreband

Guitars:
(Main) Gibson LP Studio (Duncan JazzB/Jazzn)
(B) Fender Strat (Lace Sensor Red/Silver/Blue)
(BU) BC Rich NJ Exotic Classic Rich Bich (Mustaine LW)
Amps: Line 6 HD 147
I forgot to say that a guitar technition said that there's a problem with the heights on the nut so i'll need a new one. Anyway i was thinking of getting a more solid state bridge. And the floyd on my strat is only
Half it means i can only pul the bar down and not up. So i don't think a kh aler will fit
A solid state bridge? You mean a hardtail? And I take it you mean the bridge isn't recssed aswell. What is wrong with the bridge?

And again, same thing for pickup's. What's wrong with them?

And what amp do you have. There is no point wasting your money on pickup's if you have a poor quality amp that does not do your guitar justice...
First sorry for my bad explantations since i'm not american my english isn't that good. The bridge isn't suitable for my musical style and the i don't like the whole double locking system nut is defected and makes my string buzz. So i want to change the is bridge to a willkinson or a fender. About the pickups i just thought to upgrade them because i'm doin the bridge replacement. The bridge humbacker sounds very leam so i wanna change it. Now i have an epiphone solid state which i'm gonna change to a small tube combo or maybe a blackheart little giant . I hope i made some sense
leam? What is wrong with the bridge humbucker? To bassy? To bright? And if you change your amp, you may find you like it...

EDIT: to guy below: yes
Last edited by supergerbil at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by urizi
Hello, i own a mim strat with ssh picup configuration and a floyd rose with a locking nut. That's how i bought it . I wanna change the bridge and the neck and bridge pickups. I was thinking about installing a wilkinson vs100 but i then i realized that it means i need a new nut, and i have no idea what to get. My musical taste is mainly blues and classic rock but i would like a good bridge humbacker pickup because the factory one is crappy. About the i was thinkn of texas special. Any suggestions and recommandations for pickups and bridge would help. Thanks

answer your question??
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?