Tanglewood ROCK III
Epiphone LP Custom
Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez GRG07LTD2
Marhsall AVT100
Originally posted by fender1618
i would rather have a guitar in place of my organs, OR CANDY
oh yeah i forgot to mention, can you suggest songs that don't require a tremolo?
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
Little Dreamer and Cant Stop Loving You
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by majonior
panama
jump
pretty woman

I always thought jump was a rubbish solo by Van Halen, I mean, he could have done it better.

And, for the choice, Beat It by Michael Jackson. I love that song!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by guitarplaya322
What's a good VH song I should learn.

I already know:
You really got me
Ice Cream Man
and Hot for teacher

One you like?

I will never understand threads like this, how can you need help picking songs to play? When I was starting my problem was that there were too many songs, I wanted to learn to play everything I heard.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
One you like?

I will never understand threads like this, how can you need help picking songs to play? When I was starting my problem was that there were too many songs, I wanted to learn to play everything I heard.

that sounds like me as well, the problem was that that made me skip from song to song only learning the main riffs.

i think if this guy can work out which song UG collectively recommends as the best to learn and sits down and practices until he can play it start to finish its a good thing
Aint Talkin 'Bout Love. It's a good song but the solo's kinda stupid and really easy to play.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
I love 5150 .. it has a great solo

try running with the devil, panama
Quote by Woozye
I love 5150 .. it has a great solo

try running with the devil, panama
right on! 5150 is probably my favorite EVH riff and i think its one of his toughest songs (his toughest song probably being his 13 minute solo from the live dvd) the number of double stops in a row will rip your head off.
ok... i learned Panama, and it was pretty easy only hard part was the really fast part in the solo. what song should i learn now? nothing to hard, because im not very technical yet
Quote by guitarplaya322
ok... i learned Panama, and it was pretty easy only hard part was the really fast part in the solo. what song should i learn now? nothing to hard, because im not very technical yet

Are you a Sim or something?

Just pick something, you don't need someone to think for you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Are you a Sim or something?

Just pick something, you don't need someone to think for you.

Actually i was asking what would be the best song for me to learn next to help me improve.
so you dont have to be a dick about it
Pick the songs you love best, but if you really want my opinion pick one from their Fair Warning album which is probably their greatest besides VH1 and one people forget unfortunately. Of course everyone knows the song Unchained, but if you really wanna rip it up then learn Mean Street. I'm surprised no one ever mentions Mean Street, probably one of their greatest ever and Eddie at his greatest. Killer riff, solo, tapping, tap harmonics, tone, its the whole package in terms of summing EVH up all in one song.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by guitarplaya322
Actually i was asking what would be the best song for me to learn next to help me improve.
so you dont have to be a dick about it

there is no "best" song, just learn stuff.

It's the process of learning a song that makes you improve, not the song itself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 22, 2008,
Quote by DSOTM80
Pick the songs you love best, but if you really want my opinion pick one from their Fair Warning album which is probably their greatest besides VH1 and one people forget unfortunately. Of course everyone knows the song Unchained, but if you really wanna rip it up then learn Mean Street. I'm surprised no one ever mentions Mean Street, probably one of their greatest ever and Eddie at his greatest. Killer riff, solo, tapping, tap harmonics, tone, its the whole package in terms of summing EVH up all in one song.

Ok. thanks i try and learn mean street. Although i will definetly not be able to play the intro

and sorry that i over-reacted, steven seagul.
The riff is pretty easy, the intro is another story. I got the correct tab for Mean Street from a magazine, all the ones here I saw weren't quite right but you can always improvise of course. Another one I like is DOA (Dead or Alive), cool riff in that also or you can hit your reverb and delay pedal and bust out some tap harmonics and try out the awesome intro to Women in Love.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
The riff is pretty easy, the intro is another story. I got the correct tab for Mean Street from a magazine, all the ones here I saw weren't quite right but you can always improvise of course. Another one I like is DOA (Dead or Alive), cool riff in that also or you can hit your reverb and delay pedal and bust out some tap harmonics and try out the awesome intro to Women in Love.

OMG... i actually started learning D.O.A before i read your post!!

I decided not to learn mean street, just cause the intro seemed crazy difficult. (gonna work up to that )

Anyway what the hell does Eddie do at 2:18?? of d.o.a

i mean i think i know how to do most of the techqnuiques eddie uses (tap harmonics, tapping, tremelo pick, etc.) obviously not nearly aswell, but i have no idea what he's doing and in the tab it says like overhand slide (wtf??)

I also wanted to start learning Girl Gone Bad... Do you think this would be too difficult for me at this point?
Last edited by guitarplaya322 at Aug 23, 2008,
i have no idea what that means, i enjoyed learning black and blue and beautiful girls
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.