Alright guys.
Im getting a new guitar soon but im having some trouble deciding.
Im thinking of getting either this:

ESP LTD M-400

Or this:

Jackson DKMG dinky

What do you reckon? They are both the same sort of price. Around £500 - £600
Anyone had any experience with either of this?
Is there any other similar guitar you would recomend? I want that shape with a floyd rose and active EMGs.

Thanks
I think the Schecter Damien 6 is similar to those. And it plays like a dream!
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

''Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
i like the Jackson, based on specs and looks. it's one of my dream guitars
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Jackson. Because the trem is better, and Jackson's built quality seems higher to me. Always found that ESP's had a cheap feel. And the LTD's are even worse. But that is personal. I know alot of people who think otherwise.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by jackblsdaniels
the esp, but you do know that ibanez are better

lmfao
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
If it had to be one of those two, for me it would be the Jackson as that's what I was originally going to get but I found that fo me the Ibanez just felt better in every way. If it was me I'd either get this:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=70537

Which gives you everything the other two do plus a thru neck (you'll never want to go back) and probably better overall quality but you'd have to try them for yourself obviously, that's just my preference. As an even better alternative, try this:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=66779

or

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=66783

Both of these guitars are effectively being replaced by the RGT6EX that I mentioned first but these have a genuine advantage over that one. Both have the same beautiful thru neck but they have a mahogany body instead of basswood and that is generally seen as an advantage. They are also cheap enough for you to load it with EMGs if you wanted to. Personally I think there are better options out there for pickups but again, that's just my point of view.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Go to the music store and play them.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
dude they look the same guitar from the but with different necks so they will sound similar assuming they both have the 81/85 emg set up so its all preference man go and play em and decide
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Out of those 2 i would say that the Jackson is better because i heard that ESP's under $800 are not worth buying. For looks i like the Jacksons, it also has nice cutaways. I never played either, i am just telling you what i heard and think of those 2 guitars.

But there are better guitars than those in that price range i am sure.