i have a starcaster by strat, and want to add a humbucker in the bridge, and maybe change the neck pickup too. first of will this help?, and i need something that could work for grunge, punk, ska, surf, noise, and possibly get alot of feedback, any help would be cool, thanks
Yeah, from personal experience it's worth saving the money and getting yourself a better guitar rather than trying to improve a "cheap" one,
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by Perturabo
Yeah, from personal experience it's worth saving the money and getting yourself a better guitar rather than trying to improve a "cheap" one,

yep, you cant polish a turd...

but you can roll it in glitter...

but its still a turd
Quote by samlocke14
yep, you cant polish a turd...

but you can roll it in glitter...

but its still a turd

lol yeah but it is My turd, and like all of my turds, i take it with me, show it to friends, play with it and eventually flush it down
If you are looking to learn about modding guitars, then go for it - just don't be buying top of the line gear. You don't want to be learning and experimenting on a high end guitar, that's for sure!

If you think you are going to make a good guitar, then you aren't likely to as you need to start with a better quality low end guitar.
Quote by mark_wuk
If you are looking to learn about modding guitars, then go for it - just don't be buying top of the line gear. You don't want to be learning and experimenting on a high end guitar, that's for sure!

If you think you are going to make a good guitar, then you aren't likely to as you need to start with a better quality low end guitar.

Gold!

I assist in guitar class and encountered a Starcaster because the owner couldn't afford something better and didn't know to buy a better one. We ended up giving it a proper set-up, fret dress/level, and PU and electronics change from Guitar Fetish - GFS Fat PAT and PAF.

Through a friend's Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II and H&K CC 412 A/B 30, it slayed! The bridge had dark harmonics, quite bassy, and the neck was right on for high-gain and quite good. Pretty amazing results for ~$75 and some sweat.

Go for it!