G'day

I remember some time ago there was a thread about "guilty pleasures" in music, and a lot of people said Phil Collins.

Why is everyone so ashamed to like Phil Collins? There's nothing really wrong about him, let alone anything embarassing. Are people just afraid to admit it cos he's not METAL or am I missing the point?

I can understand if you liked, say, Paris Hilton's music, THAT would be more of a 'guilty pleasure'. But why Phil Collins?
I say we should all stop being ashamed to listen to anything - it's music. You either like it or not.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Because his solo stuff was really realyl really commercial 80's pop, however, he was an amazing singer for genesis, but an even better drummer.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Go on then. Everyone confess!

EYE LYKE FILL KAWLLINNZ!

There. I listen to a lot of stuff which other people say is stupid (eg. Blink 182, Sum 41, Bowling for Soup, some Angels n' Airwaves songs) but I'm not ashamed of it.
You must be on Ritalin. Are you seeing little pink Christina Aguilera monsters?

/southpark
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I'm not ashamed of liking Ayumi Hamasaki.

Although there are some artists I may be a little ashamed of.

Oh and Phil Collins sound tech taught my maths teacher, and now my maths teacher is semi teaching me. YAY.
Quote by IncubusMan999
You must be on Ritalin. Are you seeing little pink Christina Aguilera monsters?

/southpark

Some of his stuff is good to listen to once in a while. Not exactly my favourite artist, but I don't see why you should be ashamed to listen to him if you actually like him.

Whatever floats on your boat I guess.
Be a man.

Do the right thing.
i like alot of bands most people don't..at least most people on UG

black label society
trivium

ok not that many but whatever
Sig space available, give me some praise
Hell no Phil Collins is a badass. I heard he uses little Chinese boys' entrails as strings for his piano.
Quote by Tom_hatton
I'd be ashamed to like Phil Collins.

coming from the Dragonforce guy

Phil Collins rules!!
damn, i was gonna pull that dude up 4 being a dragonforce fanboy!
well played surfer rosa!

phil collins is awesome!but yes, he was better in genesis! but i think hes awesome!
(ive only heard 2 of his solo songs though.....)
Quote by daniel.mycoe
I'm not ashamed of liking Seal.

There I said it.

Seal is an amazing singer! Everyone should give him a chance.

Phil Collins has a few awesome songs - In the Air Tonight is great! I like Phil Collins
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by Superpartydude5
I only know "in the air tonight" but I'm not ashamed to say I love that song.

its a really ****ing good song.

well, at least it was better than "+1"
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Quote by Tom_hatton
I'd be ashamed to like Phil Collins.

I'd probably jump off a bridge if I was a Dragonforce's fanboy. No really.
My Spanish Hearts
I'm ashamed to live on the same planet as Phil.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Because he's:

A wanker
Responsible for that ****ty 80s drum sound
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
Because he's:

A wanker
Responsible for that ****ty 80s drum sound

To be fair, if we didn't have that annoying drum sound, which I hate as much as the next guy.. We wouldn't have Prince.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I like Phil collins and Genesis, they made some catchy tunes and made more money than any of us could imagine.
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosphy. Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks and invents." - Ludwig van Beethoven