Page 1 of 2
Ive been playing guitar for a few years, and im taking my grade 6 electric in a couple of months. My friend is at about the same skill level as me, but he learns faggy acoustic riffs instead.

I have nothing against acoustic, i think its a really good form of music, but it always gets the lady's better than my shred stuff.

any sggestions on how i can show him up?

also, dont say things like "its not about that, its about the music." i know. but he's being a total dick about it so i want to crush his measly acoustic ass.
grow the **** up?

stop "shredding" and learn to flirt...

works much better

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom Horn
grow the **** up?

works much better

This.
i had the same problem with my brother. i do shred stuff and he does some sweet finger picking music. he always says that i cant do what he does so what i did was to learn every song that he was going to learn and i did better than him. i kicked his acoustic ass at it.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
play hanah montanah or something that the girls will like
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Lol acoustic + singing will always get more girls than shred unless the girl is in to like hardcore or whatever. Seems like your a bit jealous, you could always just let it go.

Buuuut just learn a few well known songs and play them for people, Freebird, Eruption- also a lot of the stuff on guitar hero should turn heads.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
oh, i have an idea! grow the **** up man. cmon, do you actually listen to you when you talk? you sound like a whiny 3 year old.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
if your playing guitar to impress the ladies than you suck. cause it shows you cant talk to them or impress them any other way. and it sounds like your friend isnt trying to be a douchebag by liking to play acoustic music, and if i was him i wouldnt be your friend.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by factor67
Ive been playing guitar for a few years, and im taking my grade 6 electric in a couple of months. My friend is at about the same skill level as me, but he learns faggy acoustic riffs instead.

I have nothing against acoustic, i think its a really good form of music, but it always gets the lady's better than my shred stuff.

any sggestions on how i can show him up?

also, dont say things like "its not about that, its about the music." i know. but he's being a total dick about it so i want to crush his measly acoustic ass.

what is this? explain please
Quote by Slone
Lol acoustic + singing will always get more girls than shred unless the girl is in to like hardcore or whatever. Seems like your a bit jealous, you could always just let it go.

Buuuut just learn a few well known songs and play them for people, Freebird, Eruption- also a lot of the stuff on guitar hero should turn heads.

or even better, shave the bum fluff beard off, learn to be witty and articulate and they will love you even more than your acoustic loving friend.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
ur the douchebag. get over it. girls only go for guitarists who are in a band and have a platinum album out and are making a **** load of money.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by Nielsyboy
what is this? explain please

Music theory exams
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Learn to play love songs and read a lot of romantic poetry. When your friend starts trying to pull chicks from you, play a nice slow love song and after say something poetic that you ripped from someone else. Not many people(well not many people who can easily be won over by a single song) read poetry books anymore, they'll never know.
Develop a personality and put down the guitar for a while.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I didn't realise there was a grade system for electric guitar, besides jazz.

All of the points I would have thought to make have already been expressed. Flirting is better than relying on your guitaring. Learn acoustic as well. Grow up. Stop crying. Sabotage.

But, if you're content on letting the music earn you pussy, then learn what girls actually want to hear, and play it. But really, it'd be easier to learn to flirt.
There is no hope for some people. The reason your friend has more luck with the ladies has nothing to do with how you or he plays the guitar. It's all about personality and how you treat people, and you my friend, need a personality transplant.
Quote by emkaybee
I didn't realise there was a grade system for electric guitar, besides jazz.

yeah it's called rockschool and you could sleep your way through all 8 grades

anyway ts i believe it's you being the douche not your friend, you're just jealous that he's getting more tail than you
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Tom Horn
grow the **** up?

works much better

That was pure win.
haha

And as said, get the unfair advantage.
A Penis Enlargement Pill.

or get some acoustic skills.
Maybe freshen up your appearance
Because I know most dudes that shred look pretty shady.
something doesn't make sense with TS's story. do you go out to a street corner with your guitar and amp, start wanking off to get the attention of girls?
i suspect that most girls aren't into how fast you can play guitar.
Quote by skater dan0

anyway ts i believe it's you being the douche not your friend, you're just jealous that he's getting more tail than you

Haha, thats totally what i was thinking.
Also: shredding isnt playing guitar. Its playing notes and scales. Stop doing that. Learn riffs and solo's. Learn vibrato, learn to stretch notes to put soul in them, learn to bend, learn playing with your gain down, learn something else than sweeping and *widly widly widly widly stuff*.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
If anyone being a douche bag. It's you. quote 'having nothing against the acoustic' while just seconds ago wrote "faggy acoustic". Sounds like someone is jealous...
If you want to get the ladies, first learn some manner.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

You are a cunt.

Stop creating drama and act like a responsible human being. Guitar is not a competition, and of course chicks are gonna be more into acoustic shit than some shreddy shit, why do you think metal music's fanbase is still primarily made up of guys?

Also, if he's really being so much of a prick about it, you may want to re-evaluate your 'friendship.' Just being a prick back and trying to show him up makes you a worse prick than he is.
Last edited by Wonthefu at Aug 3, 2008,
learn how to talk to girls well, and then just smooth talk your way into their pants.. beats a riff any day of the week.
Quote by skater dan0
yeah it's called rockschool and you could sleep your way through all 8 grades

rockschool is one graded thing (although I think it's crap). In the U.K. there is a few. I do the RGT ones that work with LCM/ thames valley uni.

And TS: If you play the guitar to (try and) impress girls, then give up. If you play guitar because you enjoy it, then you shouldn't care about anything else.
Quote by Sakattack75
ur the douchebag. get over it. girls only go for guitarists who are in a band and have a platinum album out and are making a **** load of money.

This is true. Go out to a bar for a beer or ten - there is more ways to get girls than instrument playing. Do you think a relationship based upon the fact that you're a good guitarist will last with just that?

EDIT - Just realised you probably aren't old enough for a drink (if you're worrying about this situation, anyway) But everything else i said still stands.
Quote by Tom Horn
grow the **** up?

works much better

+1.
Quote by Tom Horn
grow the **** up?

works much better

+1

being a lady guitar player i know the shredder guy has a very small penis and is a jerk-ass
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
I think you should just drop out of the 5th grade. And watch your mouth mister!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
And I think we should call the neighbor acoustic gang here to bash this guy :p Entertainment at it's best
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Are you ugly?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
most chicks don't care about shred. Women tending to be more emotional creatures, they enjoy touching lyrics more than unforgiving technical scales.

its the way life is.

I'll also say that if you're just playing guitar to be better than your friend or to pick up chicks.. perhaps you need to drop the guitar and play COMPETITIVE sports.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
You're ****ing retarded...you want to show up your friend b/c he's being a "douchebag" by playing acoustic and apparently being a better person than you? You're the douchebag...grow up you ****.

BTW, shredding isn't cool. Never has been, never will be.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Page 1 of 2