Page 1 of 2
If you are that concerned about your sound that you come here to ask all kinds of questions about amps.....

You will have much better sound with a 1x12 tube combo than a SS half stack.

NO, there is no buts and no I am not wrong. Shutup!
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
If you are that concerned about your sound that you come here to ask all kinds of questions about amps.....

You will have much better sound with a 1x12 tube combo than a SS half stack.

NO, there is no buts and no I am not wrong. Shutup!

we already know.
For the money, yes, you'll get more tone for your money with a tube combo, than you will with a solid state half-stack. But you're saying it as though tube is ALWAYS better, which in some instances its not, therefore this thread fails.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
You know which one is pretty sick?
The Fender Champ XD

Love it.

and tube is not always the answer.
What if you're gigging, and you want something low in maintenance
And not have to worry about tubes?
SS is more dependable in a gigging situation
Quote by Blompcube
For the money, yes, you'll get more tone for your money with a tube combo, than you will with a solid state half-stack. But you're saying it as though tube is ALWAYS better, which in some instances its not, therefore this thread fails.

You told you already you are wrong. Shutup!
Propaganda much?

Haha, everyone's got their own opinion man... Ending every post with "Shutup!" isn't a good way to get taken seriously.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
You told you already you are wrong. Shutup!

stop trolling. Tube amps are usually a better option, but not always.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
Listen noobs. Shutup!

You should take your own advice..... being a n00b.

*reported*

It doesn't help either, that you're 9 years old.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by LesZao
The Fender Champ XD

Love it.

That's balls. If a tube amp breaks, it's 99% of the time an easy fix. If SS breaks, you have to get a new amp.

This thread is just as anoying as the threads asking about SS half stacks.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by LesZao
The Fender Champ XD

Love it.

The Super Champ XD is a hybrid amp.... im not sure whether you're saying, "i love this SS amp and it beats some low-end tube amps," or "this little tube amp beats a MG stack." Both statements are true, except its neither SS nor Tube.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by BD 425
The Super Champ XD is a hybrid amp.... im not sure whether you're saying, "i love this SS amp and it beats some low-end tube amps," or "this little tube amp beats a MG stack." Both statements are true, except its neither SS nor Tube.

Uhmm, there's more than one Fender Champ, and I'm fairly sure he was talking about the Fender Champ 5 watter.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Champion-600-5-Watt-1x6-Combo-Amp?sku=485054
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Blompcube

+ 15,000,000
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
^Reincaster
Yeah but he said Champ XD........
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by BD 425
^Reincaster
Yeah but he said Champ XD........

Oh... I though he meant XD as in
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Guys, what is this talk about "maintenance" with tube amps? Buy a new set of tubes every year and a half and you're all set.
Quote by johlin
Guys, what is this talk about "maintenance" with tube amps? Buy a new set of tubes every year and a half and you're all set.

Mine gets dust on it. I guess the SS's don't get dust.
Bandwagoning troll is bandwagoning.

SS amps have their place in music as well.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
i've heard some crappy sounding entry level TUBE 1x12 combo's. so not ALWAY'S are tube amp's better SS. but MAJORITY of the time they are.
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
LOL. Okay, seriously though... my opinion is valid and correct. [/Thread]

you can't
/thread

your own thread also you fail because the jc120 has better cleans then every tube amp and it is a solid state. also the line 6 vetta sounds amazing and can dial in many tones so you FAIL
Quote by ironman1478
you can't
/thread

your own thread also you fail because the jc120 has better cleans then every tube amp and it is a solid state. also the line 6 vetta sounds amazing and can dial in many tones so you FAIL

hmmm.... I disagree heavily with the JC120 statement.... Better cleans than EVERY tube amp? It doesn't even have better cleans than every solid state amp.... that's a bandwagon you don't want to jump on. JC cleans are very clean indeed, and are very dependent on the guitar you are using, because the amp adds very little coloring, other than the dual amping effect.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Tubes aren't always better trust me. Thats what I thought because of all of you guys on UG saying tubes are always better ALWAYS. Well then can you explain to me why it is my old SS amp blows away my Peavey Windsor at everything but being louder and cleaner? I don't want it to be loud anyways because the tone on the Windsor is just suck! I hate that thing really I do.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by Drewski09
Tubes aren't always better trust me. Thats what I thought because of all of you guys on UG saying tubes are always better ALWAYS. Well then can you explain to me why it is my old SS amp blows away my Peavey Windsor at everything but being louder and cleaner? I don't want it to be loud anyways because the tone on the Windsor is just suck! I hate that thing really I do.

Tube amps can suck when the volume is too low. My guess is that you have the 100 watt half-stack which is way way way to much for home use. Even 5 tube watts is plenty.
I suppose, for the most part, that a low endtube is better than a low end SS, a high end tube is better than a high end SS, and the midrange stuff is a bit of both.
Certain SS amps can beat certain tube amps at certain stuff, and vice versa.
It's all down to preference, music style, guitar and settings.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by acdcrocks0323
You hate it, yet in your sig you have a smiley next to it. Obvious troll is obvious.

lol yeah thats such a smiley aint it buddy? I haven't been on in forever and that was back when I was retarded because I was happy that I had a tube amp and I thought it sounded good. However now I use my old SS amp more than that because the Windsor is just crap tone. Seriously for the 3 band EQ to do anything the knobs have to be from 8-12 on the dial and then its just overpowered and sounds like crap. Let alone the cab doesn't help this at all with the crap speakers that are in it.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
*reported for trolling/spam*

EDIT: that means don't post.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Drewski09
lol yeah thats such a smiley aint it buddy? I haven't been on in forever and that was back when I was retarded because I was happy that I had a tube amp and I thought it sounded good. However now I use my old SS amp more than that because the Windsor is just crap tone. Seriously for the 3 band EQ to do anything the knobs have to be from 8-12 on the dial and then its just overpowered and sounds like crap. Let alone the cab doesn't help this at all with the crap speakers that are in it.

Have you played it at all with the master volume at least past 8 o' clock or so?
And what would be some good tube 1x12 combos that can do metal? Dont say Valveking because that blows balls for metal.
Yes I have, I used a limiter and had it all the way up and just tried to play it then however it did sound a little better but the stock speakers in the cab just don't cut it, those are the main tone suckage. That and the pre-amp eq system which sux.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
LOL. Okay, seriously though... my opinion is valid and correct. [/Thread]

Baloney.

Good tube amps and good SS amps will coexists. I love 'em both.
WTF! this kid is like 9. Why does he thinks he knows so much? i think he's just trying to get people to think he's cool!

im starting a Solid State Half-Stack Group! anybody with a solid state half stack that hates all the tube combo talk join!!
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
lolz to Dimefan I don't think that tubes suck, just that that there are kickarse tube amps and kickarse SS amps, each are better at their own thing so if people could stop being stupid and ignorant that would be awesome!
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
oh. i know tube amps rock! i dream of MESA/BOOGIES! i just think telling everyone that they will like a VK better than a SS halfstack of THEIR choice is stupid.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Page 1 of 2