Page 1 of 2
Every time I buy a guitar cable, they end up breaking, cutting sound, or just not working all together.

Any good suggestions for decent cables that will last a long time?! I NEED ONE!!
Cream

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Monster cable? I've had mine for like 2.5 years.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by doom3rulz
Planet Waves cables work for me.

How long did you have yours for? Are they expensive?
Monster cable? I've had mine for like 2.5 years.[/QUOTE

They're pretty expensive arent they? They are great though, I've heard. By the way, I also have a Line 6 amp. I have a pic on my profile.
They're not that expensive. I think my 25 footer was like 28 bucks. It's worth it though, cause you don't need to buy new cables.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I have some really good cables from Peavey, but I prefer Monster cables. A bit on the pricey side for me though... It's like $45 or $50 for a cable from Monster.
i dont like Monster cables or Proel. i use planet waves and it's one of the best ive used, aside from Dimarzio. Dimarzio and Klotz make great cables.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Buy your own cable and connectors. All you need is a soldering iron and minimal soldering skill. It's much cheaper, and you know that your cables were made properly, instead of by some Chinese child-laborer working for pennies a day.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
Have any of you guys tried the Death Valley Cables?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Yellow tips! Lol when the cable costs $5 and I've been nice to it and its lasted for right about a year now.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by Delboyuk_01
Whirlwind are the best imo. Used them for years and never had to replace them.

Regards
Delboy

ditto. had my whirlwind for like 3 years and ive used it so much for gigs and practises. it's survived a battering and still works perfectly.
yea cables screw up so fast so dont spend more than 8 bucks. The best cable i have is ibanez, not sure the price though, got free after a gig was done..
ditto. had my whirlwind for like 3 years and ive used it so much for gigs and practises. it's survived a battering and still works perfectly.

I've got 3 of them, had them for 21 years and still going strong. Used them for everything, practice, band practice and gigging.

Regards
Delboy
Planet waves have those springy things that can sometimes mess up input jacks. And they're not exactly cheap. Monster cables are also ridiculously expensive, and they're so thick that I find they don't fall away from the guitar to the floor in a way that get's them out of the way.

Go for livewire. They're cheap and reliable. Every GC carries them. They have a lifetime warranty, so if they break you get replacements for free.
if you're in the UK, cleartone. absolutely annihilate planet waves and similar cables for between 1/2 to 1/4 the price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I second cleartone, getting such high quality cables for less than a tenner is robbery
i'd recommend Monster, but i personally don't feel like paying too much.

I've, believe it or not, gotten 2 cables from RadioShack, and they're just as good if not better than my friend's LiveWire cable.... but the only downside is the ones i got were only like 5ft. long.

I'm getting a Planet Waves cable next, i hear nothing but good about them.
O O

___
^ planet waves aren't that great. After getting those cleartones, mine are just lying on the floor doing nothing... i'd bin them, only i guess having spares wouldn't hurt, just in case.

Quote by alexlemon2
I second cleartone, getting such high quality cables for less than a tenner is robbery

exactly. and quite a bit less than a tenner (depending on length).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hmm... you're getting me interested in cleartones.... but why does everyone keep saying "If you're in the UK"?
O O

___
because they're made in the UK and they might not ship outside the UK (and if they do, postage might be expensive).

I suspect they do ship internationally, it'd be worth an email at least. Just I think they're on holiday at the moment for two weeks:

http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html

it'd be worth asking as well if you can remove the VAT (sales tax). I think you should be able to (will be around 15%, i think).

EDIT: they're basically just van damme cable attached to neutrik jacks- might be worth seeing how much van damme cables are in the USA, just in case they work out cheaper than cleartone.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I got a Planet Wave cable for about 36$, it's got like pressure clips so it's very tight in the jack, which is why I like it so much, I've had it for about a year so I guess we'll see how much longer it lasts, which it doesn't even feel worn yet.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by fitzyfantastic
Buy your own cable and connectors. All you need is a soldering iron and minimal soldering skill. It's much cheaper, and you know that your cables were made properly, instead of by some Chinese child-laborer working for pennies a day.

Sigged lol
Quote by Dave_Mc
EDIT: they're basically just van damme cable attached to neutrik jacks- might be worth seeing how much van damme cables are in the USA, just in case they work out cheaper than cleartone.
Is this a good cable?

Because, before, i was planning on making my own cable, and just buying 20 feet of that, and getting some of these Neutrik ends.

Or do you recommend some other type of cable?
O O

___
i have no idea to be honest, i've only tried van damme... i think forsaknazrael was talking about it in another thread recently, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
monster rock cables

best.guitar.cable.period.end.of.story.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Quote by BD 425
Monster cable? I've had mine for like 2.5 years.[/QUOTE

They're pretty expensive arent they? They are great though, I've heard. By the way, I also have a Line 6 amp. I have a pic on my profile.
there expencive but have a lifetime warranty so if you buy one you will never have to buy another. and if it does break just take it to guitar center and get another one free. ( keep the recipt )
a good rule. don't get a cable shorter than your penis cuz then your will barely have enough cable to make it 1 inch from the amp
Quote by SonicV
a good rule. don't get a cable shorter than your penis cuz then your will barely have enough cable to make it 1 inch from the amp

i'd have about 8 feet.... hishaaaaaa!!!!!!!

O O

___
i'll take that as a compliment.... i guess

EDIT: oh, you July '08ers...
O O

___
Quote by SonicV
that smiley emoticon looks like its sucking somebody off.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bullet Cables are pretty good, sound good and are durable as hell. I used those for a while until I got my SG which needs a 90 degree angle jack, which Bullet's don't have. I wouldnt get Monster's though, they rip you off big time for something thats no better than anything else.

I recently picked up Ernie Ball's new 20 gauge cable because it has a 90 degree jack, and i'm liking it so far. I heard Elixr cables are good too.
Quote by thriller4life
Have any of you guys tried the Death Valley Cables?

I have, and they sound GREAT!

Plus, they're a great deal for the money .... A custom handmade cable for $35 or less, any length you want, lifetime guaranteed.

I found out about them because one of my cables broke, and I borrowed a cable from my bass player that turned out to be a Death Valley Cable. I really noticed a difference in sound from my Monster. Death Valley Cable Company says their cables are the world's best cables or soemthing, but everyone says their cable is better than the other guy's. But this REALLY did sound better. I was also having problems picking up some jerk with a ham radio through my amp. That's gone now too.

I ordered a 15 footer with gold plugs. The guy at Death Valley Cables said it'd ship in a few days, but I got it the NEXT DAY.

Liked the cable so much that I wnet back and ordered another 15-foot cable and two patch cables for my stomp boxes.

Highly recommended.
Page 1 of 2