mate of mine is looking at getting himself a new amp (he right now has sum crappy wee thing). he has asked me what he should get, hes wanting something for gigs and band practice, tube and between £300 and £400.

I told him 2 get a valve king cause it was the 1st thing that came 2 my head, he tryed one and really likes it but im wanting 2 see if u guys hav any other suggestions.

He plays an epiphone tom delonge model and enjoys music by blink, less than jake, nofx etc etc

ideas?
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
go second hand, then you can get amps that are normally out of your price range, in your price range
He plays punk, it dosn't matter what amp he gets. Get him a big carboard box with "AMP" drawn on it in sharpie.

Kidding!

Crate V's and Palominos, Peavey Classics, the ubiquitious Valveking, the new Valve Not-So-Junior, JCM800 or 900 combo, bla bla bla.
i'd try a laney vc30, peavey classic 30, and if he can stretch a little, maybe a hughes and kettner edition tube? (if 20 watts is enough)

VK is probably worth a try too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by the.spine.surfs
He plays punk, it dosn't matter what amp he gets. Get him a big carboard box with "AMP" drawn on it in sharpie.

haha

Also, for what it's worth, I'm into similar music, and played the Laney VC30, Awesome cleans, Vintagey distortion, and with a good OD pedal, could do some heavier punk.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Could get a used Marshall DSL-401 for that.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

Kidding!

Crate V's and Palominos, Peavey Classics, the ubiquitious Valveking, the new Valve Not-So-Junior, JCM800 or 900 combo, bla bla bla.

I haven't seen the word ubiquitious much lately. We should both learn to spell it!
Laney VC30, Classic 30, Crate V33, Peavey VK are all worth trying. Buy USED, save cash, try before you buy... yadda yadda yadda...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.