Page 1 of 3
well, over the year and a half that i've played, i've noticed that the majority of people who "play" guitar just "play" it to be cool. they never practice, they don't know anything but powerchords, and they brag like hell when they get their rich parents to buy them some crazy expensive guitar which they don't even know why it's good. this annoys me a lot.

do you know anyone who does this?
I wouldn't complain if I was you, that means YOU look cool, and you're good on Guitar too.

Everyone's a winner.
i play to play. ladies are the plus..... if there were any ladies i find that a few of my gfs have liked it tho. but guitar was never somthing that got me girls.

but TS, yes. there are a whole lot of ppl i know who do that. or take the class during school for an easy grade. this is called- life. we all must accept this fact and move on
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by Masamune
I started playing because I was extremely bored.

Me to.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I started playing to get chicks, I still do.

Cool points for me?

your thunderhorse cover needs ALOT of work
enjoy your ladies
Quote by madshatter
well, over the year and a half that i've played, i've noticed that the majority of people who "play" guitar just "play" it to be cool. they never practice, they don't know anything but powerchords, and they brag like hell when they get their rich parents to buy them some crazy expensive guitar which they don't even know why it's good. this annoys me a lot.

Is powerchords something that is frowned upon by you?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by the agony scene
your thunderhorse cover needs ALOT of work
enjoy your ladies

Being good doesn't matter, just knowing how to hold it is all I need.

Edit: Now look what you did, everyone is checking out my crappy thunderhorse cover.

Thank you.
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I started playing to get chicks, I still do.

Cool points for me?

yeah me too and it works perfect. some candles, a bottle of whine and nothing else matters on my accoustic and the chicks are wax in my hands.
Lemmy from Motorhead bought a guitar to pick up girls. Then he ended up switiching to bass.

As far as I'm aware, the guitar thing didn't actually work for him.
I started playing bass because I wanted to jam with my friends and have a band, and continued playing because it is the most enjoyable thing i have ever done
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by Blackening
yeah me too and it works perfect. some candles, a bottle of whine and nothing else matters on my accoustic and the chicks are wax in my hands.

so basically you get chicks drunk
the guitar is needless
Quote by MightyAl
I read this post, and I tried to care. I really did.
But this sums up my feelings quite well.

Your feelings are that Bob Kelso (sp?) doesn't give a crap?
Quote by madshatter

Why bitch about it? It doesn't hurt you does it?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by seljer
I only play guitar to get teh ladies......its not working

Use a giant butterfly net, I do

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Regression
Your feelings are that Bob Kelso (sp?) doesn't give a crap?

Indeed. I'm fairly certain that if you asked Bob Kelso what his feelings were about people who play guitar just to look cool, he wouldn't give a crap.
He probably wouldn't care that I agree with him, but that's beside the point.
I've actually scored from playing guitar! She was blonde and had a cool name that reminded me of a swedish punk band!
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by Grönis
I've actually scored from playing guitar! She was blonde and had a cool name that reminded me of a swedish punk band!

Ebba Gröööööööööööööön?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I play guitar because I like it, not to be "cool"... i play 8 hours everyday... no time to be "cool"

if you play guitar just to be "cool" then you're not really cool
Quote by smb
Everything any man ever does is in the hope that it'll lead to sex.

Fix'd
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Ebba Gröööööööööööööön?

Oh yeah!
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
I only play bass/elec guitar because i like to write music... i guess im just weird like that, lol
To be honest, I don't actually like guitar THAT much.

I enjoy playing it yeah, but alot of the time it's a mood thing. And I do love playing it when I'm playing with other musicians.

But I enjoy playing piano and just writing music (which I do use guitar for) in general much more than sitting there practicing scales hour after hour.
Page 1 of 3