I'm trying to mod by Les Paul Special II to sound like a good Strat, I want to put '57/'62 pickups for a vintage strat sound, how would I put single coils in a Les Paul?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Pickup's alone will not make ales paul sound like a strat. Scale length, body wood, hardware, electronics etc all contribute to tone. Your best bet is to sell the les paul and buy a strat...
IMO its not going to happen...if you want a strat sound, get a strat

adding some coil taps and such maybe or series/parallel switches would probably help a bit

or maybe something like http://www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk/amp.shtml
thats 2 regular singlecoils next to each other so it works like a humbucker...but when you split its like a true single coil
I think the Lace Sensor humbuckers are also like that
Damn, thanks.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Well, if I put in good Gibson pickups, would it manage a good surf/rock/blues sound? And BTW, what would it sound like w/ '57/'62 pickups, would it be good for the music I just listed?
Quote by chip46
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Aug 3, 2008,