So my sister's birthday is coming up and she wants an acoustic guitar, I don't even know if she will be interested and continue playing but I am looking for a beginner acoustic guitar, for maybe around $100. Here's a twist though, she wants to play lefty. Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap lefty guitar that will let her experiment with the instrument? I'm going to guitar center soon so I speedy reply would be lovely. Thank you.
if she writes right handed get her a righty
theres no need for you to buy her a guitar and she plays right and you bought her a left,
but if she DOES play left.. try and find a used one or get a reallllyy cheap righty and replace the nut, the intonation wont be perfect, but its hella cheaper than replacing the bridge
Well, I mean she is left handed, I guess I could of phrased it better huh?
well, give her one of your guitars to play for a sec and see which way she plays, thats the best indicator i think, hell i played upside down for 8 months

.. cuz i didnt have a job and my parents dont buy me stuff :P
just practice right handed and you will get use to it. I play right handed and i am left handed with everything else. Took me awhile to get use to it.
Quote by cl93088
just practice right handed and you will get use to it. I play right handed and i am left handed with everything else. Took me awhile to get use to it.

dude
did you read the post
Why not try a cheap nylon strung classical? There's lots of choice and they can be converted for left handed playing without any modification other than reversing strings and turning around the saddle piece.