he's using a spider. his tone isnt anything special.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
you need help in the amp department, not the pick up department. You won't sound like some one if you just got the pups they used.
do u have to get a spider to sound that good? his tone blows mine away lol if u heard mine
Quote by Powerstrike
do u have to get a spider to sound that good? his tone blows mine away lol if u heard mine

i didnt think the sound was that great
i much prefer my tone, it aint great, but IMO its better
Quote by Powerstrike

No

Honestly, Spiders don't sound all that great - look at the Roland Cube 30X or Cube 60
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well so far no one has helped me here, the amp i use is a roland microcube and it rocks, however my agile al-2000 sounds too muddy on it and i know this because my ibanez rg sounds great on it and its because of the pickups.

soo like i said before what pickups will clear out the muddyness in my guitar?
Keep in mind that what you hear on youtube and what is really coming out of his amp are 2 different things. Compressing audio signal for online streaming takes out a lot of overtones which makes bad tone sound better and good tone sound worse. Chances are, you tone is actually better than the tone in the vid.

If you want clearer distortion a good place to start is with your EQ. Turning down bass gives you more definition. Turning down treble makes things more clear. If you have your bass and treble maxed then that is why you can't get clear distortion. If you really want to change pickups then handwound will give you clearer tone than machine wound and low output will give you more versatilitly than high output.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Keep in mind that what you hear on youtube and what is really coming out of his amp are 2 different things. Compressing audio signal for online streaming takes out a lot of overtones which makes bad tone sound better and good tone sound worse. Chances are, you tone is actually better than the tone in the vid.

If you want clearer distortion a good place to start is with your EQ. Turning down bass gives you more definition. Turning down treble makes things more clear. If you have your bass and treble maxed then that is why you can't get clear distortion. If you really want to change pickups then handwound will give you clearer tone than machine wound and low output will give you more versatilitly than high output.

+1
Also, spiders are junk. period. end of discussion.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Powerstrike
well so far no one has helped me here, the amp i use is a roland microcube and it rocks, however my agile al-2000 sounds too muddy on it and i know this because my ibanez rg sounds great on it and its because of the pickups.

soo like i said before what pickups will clear out the muddyness in my guitar?

Pickups aren't your problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I would agree with everything that's been said so far but if you insist on changing the pickups my suggestion is the Bare Knuckle 'Miracle Man' for the bridge position and either a 'Miracle Man' or 'Cold Sweat' for the neck position. These are top quality pickups and will certainly improve the tone but I'm still not sure I'd do it.

Why?

I don't really know anything about an AL2000 so I looked it up on the internet and from what I saw, you'd be spending more on fitting these pups than you did on the guitar and while it could still be worthwhile, I'd think very carefully about it first.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
I would agree with everything that's been said so far but if you insist on changing the pickups my suggestion is the Bare Knuckle 'Miracle Man' for the bridge position and either a 'Miracle Man' or 'Cold Sweat' for the neck position. These are top quality pickups and will certainly improve the tone but I'm still not sure I'd do it.

Why?

I don't really know anything about an AL2000 so I looked it up on the internet and from what I saw, you'd be spending more on fitting these pups than you did on the guitar and while it could still be worthwhile, I'd think very carefully about it first.

you must not know much about Agiles, even though they're not expensive, DON'T underestimate them.... they're VERY good for their price range.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
you must not know much about Agiles, even though they're not expensive, DON'T underestimate them.... they're VERY good for their price range.

Yeah, but the 'higher' end ones are overrated. I have played one, and to me, it was no different to playing an Epiphone.

And, to the TS, look down...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Yeah, but the 'higher' end ones are overrated. I have played one, and to me, it was no different to playing an Epiphone.

And, to the TS, look down...

+1 that's why i'm getting an AL-2000 sometime soon... (and that's all i can afford, haha)

nice sig!
O O

___
Quote by TheBax

Which is why, surprise surprise, I started out by saying that I diidn't know much about them!!! I was making my comment purely based on the likely purchase price and I was under the impression I'd made that perfectly clear.
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
okay okay, don't get mad.... i assumed you didn't know much. It's just that most people judge guitars mostly by their price tag instead of it's actually quality, and i just didn't want TS to be one of those people.... and now hopefully now you can pass on the knowlege to other young fellows....

O O

___
To be honest I didn't spend too long looking at it so it was mostly to get an idea of the price range of the guitar as Bare Knuckle pickups, while the best in the world to me, aren't exactly cheap. I bet they'd improve my son's Aria STG004 (not a bad guitar once it had a full setup) but I wouldn't do it because on that kind of guitar I'm not convinced it makes sense. However, I must confess I was surprised to see a mahogany body and maple top mentioned for the AL2000 as I normally associate that kind of spec with something much more expensive. It does look a lot of guitar for the money on paper but that doesn't make it a guitar that is worthy of an investment in pickups. Some of the Vintage guitars are 'a lot of guitar for the money' but I can't get away from the fact that I simply wouldn't put £200-250 of pickups into a £100-150 guitar. At the end of the day you usually get what you pay for and while a guitar at that price may be quite good and excellent value; it's not what I would call a keeper.
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
haha, yeah.... those pups are EXPENSIVE!
if i ever upgrade pups, i'm not paying over $150 max.

about the Agiles, yeah, the reason they're so cheap is they don't endorse people, nor do they advertise at all, so they don't lose any money, and don't have to make you pay more for the guitar.... letting you save money.

But as for the TS's question, aren't Seymour Duncans good? I know they're not expensive. Maybe look into those.
O O

___
i could Eq my microcube but i need a eq pedal and i dunno how to use one or set one up, is it like setting up a boss pedal do i need 2 more cables?

i stuck with this guitar and this amp for a long time soo i gotta find away to fix something
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
i like the nickel seymour duncan set or the hot rodded set. can those be found at Guitar center?
Quote by Powerstrike
i like the nickel seymour duncan set or the hot rodded set. can those be found at Guitar center?

yeah, and they're the same pickups just one has nickel covers and is more expensive.
Quote by Powerstrike
i could Eq my microcube but i need a eq pedal and i dunno how to use one or set one up, is it like setting up a boss pedal do i need 2 more cables?

i stuck with this guitar and this amp for a long time soo i gotta find away to fix something

uh, you have a three band eq dont you?

and i agree, pickups arent your problem. they arent going to solve anything.
Quote by SiegeCrew
uh, you have a three band eq dont you?

and i agree, pickups arent your problem. they arent going to solve anything.

the micro cube has one knob for tone.
Quote by mikeyElite
the micro cube has one knob for tone.

seriously?

wow.

i learned something today.
So perhaps the answer is a better amp afterall and he should look at a 30w Cube. It certainly won't do any harm to at least try it out at a shop before going to the expense of buying pups.
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1