I've been living near the city for about 2 months now, I have a couple friends from college buts thats about it...Where is there anywhere to meet people? and hows the local music scene? my one buddy is in a band around here but he doesn't talk about it much
i play drums and guitar :
to meet people?

check out southside, there is a coffee shop called the beehive, and a million other places down there. go to pirate/steeler/pens games. Pirate game tickets can be as cheap as like 9 bucks. It'd be good for a night out. But check out Station Square, Southside, and a few other places like that. there are clubs/bars, coffee shops, a few music shops, goodwills, a bunch of other junk.

local music scene is okay. I'm not actually in the city, and i'm not in an official band, but there is usualy a variety of places to play as far as i know. Mr. Smalls is a place where pretty decent bands go to play also.

how do you like it so far?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
to meet people?

check out southside, there is a coffee shop called the beehive, and a million other places down there. go to pirate/steeler/pens games. Pirate game tickets can be as cheap as like 9 bucks. It'd be good for a night out. But check out Station Square, Southside, and a few other places like that. there are clubs/bars, coffee shops, a few music shops, goodwills, a bunch of other junk.

local music scene is okay. I'm not actually in the city, and i'm not in an official band, but there is usualy a variety of places to play as far as i know. Mr. Smalls is a place where pretty decent bands go to play also.

I like it alot actually, I live in mount washington and I've been to the southside....I just don't know too many people to chill with. I've been using craigslist musician ads to try to find like minded people but it hasn't really helped lol
i play drums and guitar :
station square usually has a alot of action going down in terms of places to hang out and places to eat. There are clubs up and down the strip and there are plenty of communites such as southside squirrel hill etc to hang around in. The music scene is nothing spectacular, local bands arent anything to get ecstatic about but dont take my word for it (or get offended) my only knowledge is from around the radio and from being around, I'm sure theres plenty of under the radar bands. The big and small bands are usually centered around the post gazette pavillion (big venues) or mr smalls (more common intimate) I guess the best way is to just go around, the city is starting to grow into a pretty interesting place but it's still a city built on factories and blue collar business.
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
to meet people?
Mr. Smalls is a place where pretty decent bands go to play also.

yea thats a solid venue ive seen a couple of good bands there

Sound Tribe Sector 9 November 19th!!!!