I'm Looking into a high gain amp, with some cleans but thats not my priority,

probably a combo, for playing rock music so my giging setup would be,

guitar-tuner-wah-amp

i was thinking into a mesa combo, or a marshall jcm combo

how much could this cost me? approximatively?

I am looking for NEW equipment, NO USED

so im waiting forhelp thanks
Quote by Ghold125
what types of music do you play?

He said he plays rock music
Engl's are awesome.

I got my screamer for 1500 bucks after tax+footswitch and it is one of the most versatile things out there. Does rock awesome and actually has pretty good cleans
Comparing marshall to mesa is like comparing apple and oranges, both great amps but totally different. It all depends on preference. Go and try them out for your self....
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Quote by Gryphon999
He said he plays rock music

what type of rock?

but then look at Marshall jcm800's. Mesa's are little more modern sounding.
i think someone needs to go to the music store
just go and try out all the ones we recommend and then try some more
Quote by caskettheclown
i think someone needs to go to the music store
just go and try out all the ones we recommend and then try some more

No music store that carries tube amps around here my friend i'm almost in hick county.

So i'd be ordering off the internet, I tried a mesamark something combo, but i beleive theyre discontinued

i play rock, from cream, to 80's hair metal to modern rock and metal
Quote by Highwaytohell
Budget?

Band or home environment?

also Why no used?!

budget will depend thats what i would like to know how much to expect to spend for a COMBO

band or home? well itd be in band use mainly, but i use my other amps at home, and my parents dont mind the volume theyre used to it, so no worries about that:P

why no used? because there be no used around my place
Mesa's and Marshall's don't really sound at all similar. Have you even tries any of these amps, or are you just picking popular brand names?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by forsaknazrael
What kind of bands do you like? Pick two or three you'd like to similar to.

well bands i'd like to sound like, ummm

whitesnake (think still of the night) some GnR, CoB, etc

really tough question
Quote by Archeo Avis
Mesa's and Marshall's don't really sound at all similar. Have you even tries any of these amps, or are you just picking popular brand names?

sorry for double posts but these questions are arriving at diff times

I have tried some of these, yet cannot remember the names, gigged last night at a rock jam in a bar on a mesa boogie with a lespaul , though i dont know what model of mesa
Quote by forsaknazrael
All pretty different sounding bands, IMO.

Whitesnake being very 80's rock/metal, GnR being very Marshally, CoB being high gain modern metal...

i just want to know how much a combo runs for about, to give me an idea, of what i should be looking for, example in marshall
Well, you'd be hard pressed to find a good Marshall combo.
You'd have to be looking for a Marshall JCM800 2204 or 2205 (Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone, on those model numbers).

If you want that Marshall tone, though, you can definitely nail Whitesnake and GnR from a Traynor YCV50 Blue. It's a great amp with a British voicing. I call it the best Marshall-voiced production line amp under 1000 bucks. You can expect to find used ones around 500 bucks. Brand new of musiciansfriend.com, I think they run for 750 or something. A guy on eBay sells new ones for 650, though.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, you'd be hard pressed to find a good Marshall combo.
You'd have to be looking for a Marshall JCM800 2204 or 2205 (Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone, on those model numbers).

If you want that Marshall tone, though, you can definitely nail Whitesnake and GnR from a Traynor YCV50 Blue. It's a great amp with a British voicing. I call it the best Marshall-voiced production line amp under 1000 bucks. You can expect to find used ones around 500 bucks. Brand new of musiciansfriend.com, I think they run for 750 or something. A guy on eBay sells new ones for 650, though.

Musicians friend does'nt deliver around my area so i can't buy from them, its a shame!

orange amps any good?