Page 1 of 2
I have an '83 Fender Strat, but I don't know what model it is. I cannot post a picture of it at this time, maybe later, but i have no clue what it is. I checked the main Fender website and eBay for anything that looked close but found nothing.

Specs:
Body: Solid Walnut
Neck: Solid Walnut (Tan Stripe up the underside of the neck)
Inlay: White Dot
Hardware: Completely Gold. Gold knobs, gold input jack, gold tremolo, gold screws, gold pickup selector, tuning knobs, pegs.
Tremolo: Looks like the standard Fender Tremolo (Fender USA is engraved on it)
Pickguard: Black
3 Single Coil Pickups (IDK the specifics, but they haven't been replaced so they're standard)
Knobs: Volume, Tone, and some kind of 2-position Tone Knob.
Pickup Selector: 5-way standard
Frets: 21
I have no idea what this is, so if anyone has an idea of what it is please respond.

Also if you could post a picture or a link to a picture showing a guitar similar to these specifications and/or a pricetag, that would be great.
Serial numbers from the headstock or the plate that attaches the neck to the body.

Edit: The chrome or gold plate on the back of the guitar where the 4 screws attach the neck to the body.
Sounds like quite the unique strat, being walnut and all. Maybe give Fender an email or call.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
On the plate holding the neck to the body there is just a big Fender "F". There is a serial number on the headstock though.

CC 10584, it says made in the USA.
Thanks for the help. I looked on google for pictures of the guitar but nothing looked like mine does. Some are close but either the knobs are different or there is a color difference, or something else.
Agreed. It sounds like a gorgeous guitar.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
If you want a closer image of some part of the guitar i could take another picture, just request.
Yeah, its 9 lbs exactly, the tone is amazing though. I'm running it through a super old Roland Spirit 25A. It has some kind of echo/chorus quality to the strings when i use the 2-position tone knob, which is the third gold knob. I've just been playing Hendrix and Clapton on it so far though. My wah pedal works well with it but i haven't used any other pedals.
My semi-educated guess is that the bridge and knobs are aftermarket, I've never seen that kind of bridge on a stock Fender, same with the knobs. However, I am not much of a Fender player (not yet anyway), so my opinion is not worth altogether that much. Anybody agree (On my guess, not the lack of worth of my opinion)?
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
Sorry buddy, all the hardware on this Fender is stock. (Im not guessing that they're stock, i know that this is how it was made and put together) This is how it was originally made and no upgrades or part changes have been made to it since it was purchased in '83.
The trem. isn't much different from the old vintage Fenders except for the end of it which reads Fender USA, but this fender isnt made anymore( i know that much) so...
man, you're really lucky to have that guitar, it's one of the most gorgeous guitars i've ever seen and from the sounds of things it's pretty rare too!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
That looks like an awesome strat, and sexy too... I want one...
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Wow, nice find on the Strat Collector page, the walnut strat is exactly what mine is. (that one's just in much better condition, mine is smudgy and scratched a bit)

If only i could find a pricetag
It might be worth more than you think to a professional strat collector.

it would be interesting to see how high it could get bid up on eBay to for example. Maybe there is a better way to find out by finding an exclusive dealer or web site. Not that you want to sell it, it would just be interesting to see what it is worth.

^and yes that web page HickorySmokes found is def proof.

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by SPBY
Wow, nice find on the Strat Collector page, the walnut strat is exactly what mine is. (that one's just in much better condition, mine is smudgy and scratched a bit)

If only i could find a pricetag

You may want to get in contact w/ fender, It seems like the guitar may be pretty valuable.
Thanks to everyone who helped. I didn't know it was such a rare guitar i just thought it was a failed model.

Yeah i would like to see how much someone would pay, but i probably wouldn't sell it to anyone unless it was an outrageous offer. I am looking to get one of those Dean USA Razorback V's (w/Dimebucker), and a Line 6 Spider Valve Stack, but i really dont have that much money to spend, im only 17.
Personally, no matter what gear you want if it were me I would keep that guitar and play it for all it's worth.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by SPBY
Thanks to everyone who helped. I didn't know it was such a rare guitar i just thought it was a failed model.

Yeah i would like to see how much someone would pay, but i probably wouldn't sell it to anyone unless it was an outrageous offer. I am looking to get one of those Dean USA Razorback V's (w/Dimebucker), and a Line 6 Spider Valve Stack, but i really dont have that much money to spend, im only 17.

you might want to reconsider that plan because that is significantly downgrading your rig (even without knowing your current amp)
Quote by Epiphany521
you might want to reconsider that plan because that is significantly downgrading your rig (even without knowing your current amp)

+1
For being correct, and funny at the same time.

Also, your guitar seems to be quite the gem, so if your definition of "outrageous" is above $10,000 then I agree with it, otherwise hold on to this beauty.
Quote by HICKORYsmokes
how did you come across it, I am just kind of curious

this
No, no, no i'm never selling this guitar... I just play real heavy metal most of the time and while this Fender is really good, the Razorback V is a more suited to the type of music that i play. It's good for Yngwie and its a good guitar, but for the deepest, heaviest stuff, its not for that. It doesn't get the same crunch that a guitar like that does.

I want the Spider Valve rig because its a cheap tube amp with so many effects that it would be much cheaper than buying all of the pedals. And the Roland im using now doesn't get loud enough, and it's starting to crackle from overuse... plus its about 30 years old.

And to HICKORYsmokes, my parents bought this guitar but they never played it so it just sat in a case until i picked it up.
Also for the gurgles and banshee shrieks i like to do, the Fender doesn't have a locking nut so it comes detuned when i use it too much.
Its a freaking gorgeous guitar
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100
You are a very lucky kid. Don't sell that thing, but give it a good playing every now and then. And don't go for the razorback if you need a deep metal guitar. Look into alternatives.

God freaking damn that Strat is pretty.
I secretly hate you. I hope you know that.
Page 1 of 2