Hey, I've been looking at buying a Blackheart Little Giant, but the problem is that musicians friend is sold out of the cabs and half stacks, so im stuck with buying the head now. I currently have a line 6 spider 2 112 amp, and was wondering if I would be able to use the speaker to build a cab for me to use. Does anyone have any clue how much it would cost to do it, and would the speaker be worth it? Thanks for the help!
yep u can i turn my vox into a cab if u want i post pics and a fast tutorial

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
ehh... you're much .. much better off selling the line6 and using the money to get a higher quality celestion speaker or something. It'll end up costing less and you'll be happier with the results.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
not really it will be under 5$

Quote by Nagashiro
not really it will be under 5$

...but he'll waste a whole combo amp to do it that could be cashed in on. You have to consider the opportunity cost. Take my advice.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
yeah Nagashiro can you please post the tutorial so I can see how to do so.

I just want a quick fix so that I can play until they get the cabs back in stock in september. But seeing as the cab is $150, would I be able to build a better one for less money??
Quote by boris6389
yeah Nagashiro can you please post the tutorial so I can see how to do so.

I just want a quick fix so that I can play until they get the cabs back in stock in september. But seeing as the cab is $150, would I be able to build a better one for less money??

give me 10 mins to write something up fast and unscrew it for pics

i know you can buy cabs elsewhere, but I wanted to get the blackheart cab, and everywhere I have looked they are out of stock...
u may just need to buy the mono jack and nothing more if you have a solder good in not you can still do since the jack and speaker will have a hole were the conection should be, so just tie the wire there

heres the pics

note : red or white = positive and black negative make sure u get this right with your amp speaker

heres the phone jack i use 2.99$
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103415&cp=&pg=5&sr=1&origkw=jack+phone&kw=jack+phone&parentPage=search

final results

important and something you should make sure u look it up is the OHMS of your amp speaker. you can get this by going to websites were they sell it and getting the specs also make sure you disconect the cable coming from the actual amp to the speakers ... dont know what else to tell you so if u have question ask

tools needed
soldering iron = optional but i would use one
cables = free from old non working stuff around the house
screw driver = you should have some around if not go to the dollar store
radioshack female jack = 2.99
-----------------------------
total = 2.99 + tax
cant be any cheaper
---------------------
Im sorry about my grammar english is my second language and i feel lazy
-----------------------

Last edited by Nagashiro at Aug 3, 2008,
Uhm, some one correct me if I am wrong, but don't the line 6 spiders use a custom celestion that is more of a hifi speaker that has a more linear response then a guitar speaker so that the amp modeling will come out more accurate? So you would be better off getting another speaker, even a weber for the cab then your L6.