What do you play? The laney is more of a medium gain amp and most engls are high gain.
EDIT: What ENGL?
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
^ agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dang, i haven't tried the thunder.

can you try both?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by spoontex
diferences between medium and high gain?

the amount of gain, and what it's voiced to.
Quote by spoontex
Engl THUNDER 50 DRIVE E 322

I play clasic and hard rock.

For those genres go for the Laney VC not the LC...
Quote by Ghold125
the amount of gain, and what it's voiced to.

yeah, agreed. to me, medium gain means classic rock (e.g. led zep, free, cream), maybe hard rock (queen, thin lizzy etc.). high gain to me means more like modern metal tones.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?