I am Looking to replace my Duncan Designed HB 102 in my shecter C-1+. Ive never really had nice pickups so i don't know what kinds are good. I want a Rock/Metal sound like Coheed and Cambria kind of metal. not drop B watch me triplit till my hand falls off... I Was looking at EMG's but i don't really know if there good heard mixed reviews. I Like to play Blues and lighter rock too but I Mainly want these pickups for rock/metal. Also i have a Coil Tap feature on my guitar so do i have to buy special pickups that i can split the coil on or can i buy regular ones. Please help Thanks
I have Seymour Duncan JB bridge and Jazz neck pickups, and together they're very versatile, great for thrash-rock, then rock-blues. They're both 4 conductor wired, so you can get the coil tap/split.

Anyway, I'd recommend looking into Seymour Duncan for their versatility.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
I was looking at the EMG's but i wasn't sure because ive seen mixed Reviews what is the downside to an active pickup? i gota string through body and i heard sometimes the back strings vibration can get picked up by the active pickups? I use a Crate Flexwave 2x12 120watt solid state.
Duncan Custom 5 can do metal as well as softer stuff.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
uhg- should have seen the EMG police come to troll...
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by Shecter78787
I was looking at the EMG's but i wasn't sure because ive seen mixed Reviews what is the downside to an active pickup? i gota string through body and i heard sometimes the back strings vibration can get picked up by the active pickups? I use a Crate Flexwave 2x12 120watt solid state.

I wouldn't use EMGs on your solid state. Hell, I wouldn't even bother with new pickups.

If you're not happy with your tone, your pickups are NOT the problem.
ya i got a lil rushed into buying my amp....i had like 1 weekend to try amps and they didn't have many tubes set up at GC that day so ya. i might sell my crate solid state and get that V series tube amp and then thing EMG's would be good for like Light metal/ Hard Rock, like coheed and cambria type stuff
Quote by Shecter78787
ya i got a lil rushed into buying my amp....i had like 1 weekend to try amps and they didn't have many tubes set up at GC that day so ya. i might sell my crate solid state and get that V series tube amp and then thing EMG's would be good for like Light metal/ Hard Rock, like coheed and cambria type stuff

Not really, that's not what they excel at - you'd be better off with some decent passives.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i have gibson stock pickups on a flying v, and its tone is incredible....never would i get any emgs....
I wouldn't recommend the JB here - the Custom would be a better bet
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Shecter78787

The V Series isn't really that great for any kind of metal. It certainly doesn't have enough gain for Coheed.
Hmm well thats one of the main reasons i got the flexwave because the highgain is really nice and the reverbs pretty decent. So its lookin like get some nice passive pickup? I really liked the SG standard i used at GC would those pickups be good? and im gonna have to look at the Seymour Duncans thats what i have now but they say Duncan Designed HB-102 or something...so im guessing thats not like as good as a real Seymour Duncan?
ok well i just read online about the Jazz and the Custom SH-5 and they both seem to be what im looking for thanks they also all say good with rosewood fretboard and Mahogany body which i have on my gutiar. I just want to try them out at the store first because i like to try before i buy. Soooo..uh how to you try out Pickups at guitar center lol do you just look at each guitar till you find one with the pickups you wanna test then run over to your amp? or do you just buy and find out if u like them lol but they do sound good on paper