Michael Angelo Batio, is my favorite guitarist because I just love his solos, especially this one called "No Boundaries" 5 minutes of eargasms, check him out you won't be disappointed I think his style is Neoclassical from what I have learned, its pretty good, fast arpeggios and all that stuff.

Michael Angelo Batio's "No Boundaries"<< click on link

comment on his performance and what else you think about him.....
He's amazing, only Paul Gilbert comes close to him in my opinion.
I couldn't listen to this song when I was into shred.

The song itself is generic, the backing is campy, he has no good licks, and his shredding sounds choppy and disgusting.
Dickless.
I'm disappointed..gimme 3:55 sec. of my life back.
wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
hes really good, i dont think hes the best though.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Quote by BiOhAZarD722
hes really good, i dont think hes the best though.

We'll everybody has an opinion right...
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
Yeah I doubt it

You've never even heard of either, have you?

Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
bull****, his **** is clean

So? That doesn't mean it sounds good.

What happened to wanting to know what we think about him? Or did that only apply to people who liked his playing?

EDIT: Stop triple posting, jackass.
Dickless.
Quote by RazorbackDevil
The guy's a damn good guitarist but I just don't really like his work

Same. But i think i dont like him 25% because of his work, and 75% because of his hair cuts.
Quote by illtrixtaj
Same. But i think i dont like him 25% because of his work, and 75% because of his hair cuts.

thats because he used to be in a band called Nitro from the 80s
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
thats because he used to be in a band called Nitro from the 80s

your obsessed with him obviously and I suggest you either get another role-model or stop taking peoples opinions to heart.
Quote by MetalMilitia212

You've never even heard of either, have you?

So? That doesn't mean it sounds good.

What happened to wanting to know what we think about him? Or did that only apply to people who liked his playing?

EDIT: Stop triple posting, jackass.

It only applied to people who liked him and EDIT: I'll post as many times as I want jackass
Quote by EdawMail
your obsessed with him obviously and I suggest you either get another role-model or stop taking peoples opinions to heart.

yeah I am obsessed with him and I don't need another role model, his solo is the best

MAB FTW!
If it only applied to people that like him than you might as well have not made this thread. Speed is not everything despite what Yngwie and MAB think.
Quote by jim morrison714
If it only applied to people that like him than you might as well have not made this thread. Speed is not everything despite what Yngwie and MAB think.

its not even the speed that i just like, I like the rythem of his solo and what his guitar sounds like.

EDIT: If it was all about speed I would have said Herman Li was the best, but no he sucks balls live as we all know

EDIT2: You're all talking as if this guy sucks really bad, and you know he doesn't.
Last edited by Who Sh0t Ya HxO at Aug 3, 2008,
Ok first of all you guys are obviously into the actual classical music, Michael Angelo does classical but he does it with a metal sound and I'm into metal and like the high pitched sounds and all that other stuff.
1. I don't like Howe because he sounds like bluegrass, which is talented I must say but its just not for me
2. Listened to garcia and hes just not for me either cause its not my style as apposed to you guys which obviously have different taste.
That video of Steve Howe just shows a glimpse of his very broad style of playing. He mixes a lot of styles in Yes.

Classical or "neoclassical" is alright to hear on electric every once in a while but it can't compare to the nylon classical guitar.
He's good, but there's far better players, far faster players, far more emotive players, need I go on?
Quote by Orbit91
He's good, but there's far better players, far faster players, far more emotive players, need I go on?

Now I'm sure there are faster players but I don't know about "Far" faster, cuz that was pretty fast. Better maybe there is idk, I just haven't discovered them yet, but until then, he continues to be my favorite until I hear someone else better come along

EDIT: If your talking about emotive as in emotion, his song gives emotion I love it, it indescribable.
Last edited by Who Sh0t Ya HxO at Aug 3, 2008,
Wow this has got fail all over it, but really MAB needs to get out of the 80s and shave his ridiculous hair.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO

EDIT2: You're all talking as if this guy sucks really bad, and you know he doesn't.

Yes he does.
Dickless.
Batio, is a ****ing poser. He is so damn overrated by people like you. You need to listen to some talented guitarists and stop listening to gimmicky guitarists like Batio.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
Now I'm sure there are faster players but I don't know about "Far" faster, cuz that was pretty fast. Better maybe there is idk, I just haven't discovered them yet, but until then, he continues to be my favorite until I hear someone else better come along

EDIT: If your talking about emotive as in emotion, his song gives emotion I love it, it indescribable.

Michael Romeo, Shawn Lane, Allan Holdsworth, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci, Jeff Loomis, Chris Broderick, and Steve Morse.

Also, MAB isn't overrated at all, and he's not a poser, he never put himself on a pedestal, only his fans.
Last edited by Orbit91 at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by Orbit91
Michael Romeo, Shawn Lane, Allan Holdsworth, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci, Jeff Loomis, Chris Broderick, and Steve Morse.

Also, MAB isn't overrated at all, and he's not a poser, he never put himself on a pedestal, only his fans.

Have you ever seen an interview by him? He's a ****ing dick.
Dickless.
at TS. seriously, stop taking people's opinions so seriously.
but I can honestly say that MAB is pretty frikken fast and talented technically at guitar.

He isn't, however, a talented musician. not at all.

now delete this thread and post here:

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=855468&highlight=michael+angelo+batio
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Even his acoustic stuff is annoyingly boring.

I'll add my opinion to this: My favorites: Mikael Akerfeldt, Steven Wilson, Chuck Schuldiner, Sir Nukto Graiilhem, and Abbath.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
It's a real shame because MAB does know his **** unfortunately he plays like a total wanker.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Have you ever seen an interview by him? He's a ****ing dick.

No more than Yngwie