Page 1 of 2
Well I'm going into high school this year and I'm kinda nervous. I dont really know what to expect. So for you guys that are in/graduated for high school.
Was it a big change from Middle school?
Were the classes way harder?
How much home work did you get?
Was it way funner?
Holy ****! you were born in March 17, 1984 and your barley going to High School?!
wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
its probably going to be crap but its not going be the end of the world.... try to enjoy yourself and get to college

edit: and like mentioned below, avoid the drama bs....well don't avoid, just realise that is bs
Last edited by seljer at Aug 3, 2008,
theyll probably be some of the best years of your life..so try and enjoy them
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Well, I'm about to be a junior and I can tell you that freshman year is so much fun! The homework load is very managable and the only big change from middle school is that you have upper classmen. Enjoy high school!
ChevelleFan77
TRYING IS FAILING WITH HONOR

*drives through into your house in a tank*"stop acting like a crazy fool"*throws a snickers bar at your head*"get some nuts"
highschool = nothing special, just a new phase of life.

protip: actually try (you dont have to go full out, but effort goes a long way) and youll set yourself up for a nice college

just take it as it comes, DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRAP OF HIGHSCHOOL DRAMA BS. you may think every little even matters, but trust, it doesnt matter that jake likes carrey even tho she and andrew have been tlkn. Youll find highschool much more enjoyable if you realize your above acting like a 10 year old.
Freshmen don't get picked on near as much as everyone thinks. I sure didn't. It's a lot funner than middle school. There's so much more stuff to do.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Quote by DunnySun
Holy ****! you were born in March 17, 1984 and your barley going to High School?!

He said 84 to look cool. 94 is probably his real birth year.

And High School is a joke, educational-rigorousness-wise. College will hit you hard, if you are not an Arts/Humanities major.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Was it a big change from Middle school? It's made out to be "srs buzinez", when in actuality, it's the same stupid bull****.
Were the classes way harder? If by harder you mean more pointless work, pretty much. If you mean harder in difficulty, then no.
How much home work did you get? Not much.
Was it way funner? Yeah. Just remember it's not srs buzniz, and you'll have a lot of fun.
My first year of high school was last year. High school was a ****load less homework than middleschool for me. It was also a lot more fun. You'll have a blast.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Was it a big change from Middle school? It's made out to be "srs buzinez", when in actuality, it's the same stupid bull****.
Were the classes way harder? If by harder you mean more pointless work, pretty much. If you mean harder in difficulty, then no.
Was it way funner? Yeah. Just remember it's not srs buzniz, and you'll have a lot of fun.

please dont listen 100% to this guy. He either A. is smart enough to get good grades without ne "serious" work. B. the guy that has no ambition and no plans for college

hopefully A

NE WAY, please remember to always keep up at least a decent level of work and your future is bright
Quote by cmickd06
Well I'm going into high school this year and I'm kinda nervous. I dont really know what to expect. So for you guys that are in/graduated for high school.
Was it way funner?

you'll do fine in high school don't worry bout a thang
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Soooooo much better than middle school. Time goes by pretty fast too, i think anyways.
Quote by patrickrh
you'll do fine in high school don't worry bout a thang

im sorry for my grammar.
but are there any honors students here? I'm in two honors classes and i was wondering if they a lot harder
You dont even have to try and you'll pass all your classes. Unless your retarded. In that case I'd say it would be even easier seeing that you'd be taking special ed classes.
Quote by cmickd06
im sorry for my grammar.
but are there any honors students here? I'm in two honors classes and i was wondering if they a lot harder

Yes.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Hmm just don't be a fag to the uper classmen and you won't have a bad time. I was lucky Im big and play football so I didn't get messed with but I have seen people get treated like ****.

Uhmm classes were ok and the homework was easy except for 1 day a month all the teachers gave me a buttload of homework Grrrr.

but it is some of the most fun you will have and just don't do something really bad. ohh and just because your older than the middle school girls and they like you for being older don't do it because some uper classmen will **** you up for it. matter of a fact I have seen thsi happen, 5 dudes kick the **** out of some pot head punk oh man was it good.

Hmm what else oh its the most fun just chill with friends
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
I don't think the upper classmen give a shit about what freshman do ever. Unless it's their sister or something it doesn't matter.
Quote by icaneatcatfood

Pretty much. It is middle school with a lot more people.

On a side note, school starts tomorrow for me.
Last edited by GerGuam at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by cmickd06
im sorry for my grammar.

haha i was just kidding man. yeah i took 2 or 3 honors classes freshman year and they really weren't too bad (except english was a ****ing hassle). but don't worry about schoolwork you aren't really going to come across anything you can't handle, the worst that will happen is you'll have to go over something a lot or study a lot for something that you can't really comprehend at first, but nothing is impossible in high school. as for the social aspect of high school, i'm gonna be a junior next year and i'd say high school is way better than middle school you really have no reason to be nervous but everybody was so you'll figure it out yourself.

P.S: unless you have an older sibling or something, you really won't get slack from the upperclassmen if you aren't annoying or obnoxious.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
hmm I think I want to change all my classes to normal ones and not honors now if it's a challenge (yes im lazy)
freshman year is EASY. or atleast it was for me. after that it starts getting gradually harder.

as for being picked on, at my school the freshmen usually take shit through homecoming week and than after that noone really cares.
im just gonna say. Freshman year is always hell. Expect to hate it very much. I know i did. Sophmore year will be better.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Go about your own business, and don't get in the way.

That would be my tip to anybody going into high school.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Quote by cmickd06
hmm I think I want to change all my classes to normal ones and not honors now if it's a challenge (yes im lazy)

don't do that. just do the work in the honors classes you'll thank yourself for it later on
no change from junior high. but that depends on what junior high you went to.

start out well! don't go into the mentality that the first year or two "doesn't really matter." that being said, don't work your ass off all the time, you're not in college yet.

P.S. DO NOT watch high school musical.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by patrickrh
don't do that. just do the work in the honors classes you'll thank yourself for it later on

+1000000

it could be the difference between the ****ty college ur going to just because u can afford it and the nice school ur in love with that WANTS you to come for being a good student
Basically all you need is the right attitude. Work hard enough to get by with good grades, while still having time for yourself. Don't act like hot **** just because you were the oldest last year. Lastly, remember that all the social/relationship bullcrap you deal with in highschool doesn't affect anything after you graduate.
Peace.
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
no change from junior high. but that depends on what junior high you went to.

start out well! don't go into the mentality that the first year or two "doesn't really matter." that being said, don't work your ass off all the time, you're not in college yet.
Ya dude, aim for mediocrity and you're set for life.
Last year was my Freshmen year too. In middle school they make you think high school will be hell with tons of work and that the teachers are all mean and stuff. It's really no difference. You get more freedom, I had homework maybe 3 times the whole year, I kinda slacked off and still made it out with a 3.4 average.

Don't get involved in the drama like I did for the first few months. It makes everything a lot easier. Oh and there are no PDA rules like middle school, so be if you walk into a bathroom be prepared to see anything.
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Aug 3, 2008,
yea i dunno about your guy's middle school teachers but i was in all honors and it was really hard for me to even get a B in every class. I had homework every day
Quote by electricdeath
Hmm just don't be a fag to the uper classmen and you won't have a bad time. I was lucky Im big and play football so I didn't get messed with but I have seen people get treated like ****.

It's really just a stereotype that upperclassman pick on freshman. Nobody I know ever got picked on, beat up, etc. by them because of age.
Quote by cmickd06
yea i dunno about your guy's middle school teachers but i was in all honors and it was really hard for me to even get a B in every class. I had homework every day

That is why I didn't do honors classes in middle school. First off, the high school teachers don't care you were in advanced science or whatever last year. So you do all the extra work in middle school for nothing. Second, middle school teachers try to scare you to think that if you do honors classes in high school you will do nothing but work. They aren't that hard. As for AP classes, those are the harder "advanced" classes. But honors classes in high school are nothing.
Quote by cmickd06
Was it way funner?

You're either going to love high school or absolutely hate it. Don't worry about how much harder the classes are. It's just like the transition from fifth to sixth. Not a big deal. For me it was a huge change from middle school only because there is so much more freedom. So yeah, good change. No worries. Homework: I got a good bit more than I was use to. But only in certain classes. And honestly, that all depends on the teachers because some of my friends got less homework than they were use to.

Just go into high school with a positive attitude. You'll be fine. Have fun. They are suppose to be the best years of your life, and they can easily be the best years. Have a great life.
Quote by skaguitarist53
freshman year is EASY. or atleast it was for me. after that it starts getting gradually harder.

as for being picked on, at my school the freshmen usually take shit through homecoming week and than after that noone really cares.

It got gradually easier for me. I started with honors and GT my freshman year. You can still get into a good college without them. If you really aim for the stars, you're going to want to take GT, honors, and AP along with a lot of extra curriculars.

I just finished high school, waiting for college to start, and here's my perspective: High school is the same bullshit as middle school. Except it's for the older kids. It's not like the movies. Your friends will change. The girls are not worth the effort (relationship-wise) All in all, high school rather sucked.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
The work isn't harder at all, at least Freshmen year. It's a little more independent, but that's all. Honestly, High School is pretty easy if you try and stay organized. Just try to have fun and do your work, you'll be fine. Also, be yourself, and if you're having a hard time, remember, it's only four years and it has nothing to do with real life.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Aug 3, 2008,
Where I am we go from elementary straight to high school, it wasn't so bad. Grade 10 is worst work wise.
just be calm, dont be immature, and make friends.
Being in high school is all about learning what you want in life, so hang out with friends alot and see what youre actually into. Dont take any bs from people either, and if you get pushed around then do something about it.
member of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm silvertoness11 to join

Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
In the beginning there was nothing...

...which exploded.

UG MISSLE SILO!
Just don' start ****, but don't put up with **** ye know. Don't get caught up in the drama. Be mature. Don't try too hard to fit in. Just have fun man. High School is great.
It was terrible really... Lots of pointless work. I miss it though.
Also, get all of your troublemaking and craziness out during high school!!! Trust me, go nuts! When you get out, the consequences are far more serious.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Page 1 of 2