I tried the les paul studio but I don't like the neck.. it's too wide for me.

The esp ec-1000 can be found nowhere in my country, so it's a blind buy.. and I'm afraid to be disappointed although people say it's a great guitar.

But the esp Eclipse Custom can be found, so if it's similar to the ec-1000 I can try it, and then buy it/the ec-1000. so is it similar?

also I need a really good amp, I have no idea which, but I need a good one.

budget is around $2000.
like $1400 for the guitar and $600for the amp.

I want a good amp, that won't limit the guitar.

style: metal, rock.
Guns N Roses,Ozzy Osbourne, P.O.D, Avenged Sevenfold, Pearl Jam, Rise Against, Hoobastank..

thanks.
for the amp i would say get like randall, bugera, or somin like that NO SS amps and for the guitar really anything with humbuckers would do the trick u may wanna try shecters
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
If you can get an ESP Eclipse Custom, do it.
It will kick the EC-1000 pretty hard.
You shall listen to Kamelot.
If you can get an ESP Eclipse Custom, do it.
It will kick the EC-1000 pretty hard.
You shall listen to Kamelot.
what is better, eclipse II or the eclipse custom?
and can you specify a specific amp? and do you think I should get a tube amp or a regular one?
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_custom.html is that the custom?

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_eclipse.html and that's the eclipse II?

If so, the custom is neck-thru i.e. the wood of the neck goes the entire way through the body of the guitar to the bottom strap button. Should help upper fret access, and it's a slightly more expensive method of construction compared to set neck (which the eclipse II is). the custom has a maple neck, so it might be a bit brighter in tone than the eclipse II. though there might be little in it.

i'd possibly consider swapping those budgets around, though (unless you can find a second-hand peavey 5150/6505 for $600), as for a lot of the bands you like, a high-gain tube amp would be preferable, and the good ones are generally more like $1000+.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes, those are the eclipse custom and II.

the price of the eclipse II is like $1100-1200 which means I can exceed a little bit, and pay like $1000 for a good tube amp.

I like the fat sound of a good distortion.
but I need something good for solos similar to Guns n roses.

which tube amp should I get for $1000?
Why not look at Edwards guitars. They're ESP in Japan. Their Les Paul copies are in very good status everywhere.
Direct import from ishibashi should go just over $1000
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by zeriom
yes, those are the eclipse custom and II.

the price of the eclipse II is like $1100-1200 which means I can exceed a little bit, and pay like $1000 for a good tube amp.

I like the fat sound of a good distortion.
but I need something good for solos similar to Guns n roses.

which tube amp should I get for $1000?

i'd be looking at the peavey 6505, maybe a genz benz el-diablo (warning: it's love/hate, you definitely need to try it to check which camp you're in!), and a traynor ycv50 and kustom coupe would also be worth a look... maybe even a mesa express and f-series. the big problem is, if you want both a more classic warm/fat distortion tone, like slash, and a more modern heavier sound like a7x and hoobastank, there's probably going to be a bit of compromise at your budget.

but try all those out, you may like them fine for both styles.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I also need a cab.

which half stack should I get?
the half stack together should be $800-1000 and not only the head.

for home using / gigs.
Last edited by zeriom at Aug 4, 2008,
i guess you could hit up ebay and your local stores to see if you can get any of those i mentioned second hand in half-stack form (most of them come as either combos or halfstacks). if you can't, though, i'd rather have a better amp in combo form, than an inferior one as a halfstack.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by zeriom
I also need a cab.

for home using / gigs.

Get a 5150 second hand, and buy a 2*12 V30 cab second hand.
Should be around 1000$
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by zeriom
I also need a cab.

for home using / gigs.

A halfstack is WAAY too loud for quiet home using. You can always mic up a combo.

And maybe a used 5150?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
what about the sound? is there a difference between a combo and a halfstack
there might be. I don't think i've tried the 5150 combos, but i hear they might be biased slightly warmer (could be wrong, though; you could check the 5150 thread for more info)? also peavey speakers generally aren't amazing, if you buy the head you could buy a different company's cab (with better speakers).

it's up to you, though, there's nothing preventing you from buying the combo and switching the speakers later.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I tried the 6505, and I don't like the clean sound of it.

I prefer an amp that is closer to slash's sound, but is also able to play fat distortion.
I also need it be good with clean.

I understand that the 6505 amp isn't meant to be played clean.

BTW, I forgot to mention, I also really like buckethead's sound.
so I guess I prefer slash's and buckethead's sound..

and both buckethead and slash use gibsons.
yeah, the cleans on 5150s aren't amazing.

what about a kustom coupe? that might be worth a try. it definitely has nice cleans, but you'd need to try it to see if its overdrive is to your liking. a traynor ycv50 might be worth a try too.

(i'm not too familiar with buckethead)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Carvin amp?

Thats what Im doing.

Carvin MTS and 2x12 V30's.
The V3 doesnt sound as crisp, IMO as the MTS.

Gibson is probobaly not the way to go.
Esp Custom all the way.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
^?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
i said i wasn't too familiar with buckethead, i guess he gave me links to his tone. those amps i mentioned would probably still be worth looking into.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?