What does it do? More specifically, where would I set it to get an '80s thrash metal tone?
0, then keep turning untill you get the desired tone?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
0, then keep turning untill you get the desired tone?

Do you know what the knob does? It has no "0" it switches between class A/B and class A settings.
oh, i thought it was a special name for a tone nob :p

edit: still, wouldn't that mean you would put it all the way left and slowly turn it right for desired tone..effectively doing the same thing?

Quote by Beebaboo
Do you know what the knob does? It has no "0" it switches between class A/B and class A settings.

No, what he means is just turn the knob until you get the sound you want. Its pointless us telling you where to put it, you'll have to work it out yourself.
Nonono I think he means it's a switch. It switches between Class A and Class A/B.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by UpTheIrons!
Nonono I think he means it's a switch. It switches between Class A and Class A/B.

No, its an actual knob.
Alright, to clear up confusion, when the knob is turned all the way to the right, it is at "class a/b (full power)" when it is to the left, it is at "class a (low power)". Does this mean that I set it to "A" for low volume bedroom stuff?
well, its not a very difficult thing to mess with only one nob to do, but for thrash probably an a/b for grittier overdrive

^ Yes. Thrash amps would mostly be Class A/B. Class A is a more vintagey tone, which isn't suited for metal. But really, it's all down to personal preference. I'd say just start at noon and adjust it to what sounds good to you.
Alright, I have it at A/B now, and it sounds really good, I still have to break in the amp though (I've only had it for about 3 hours).