So I snagged the job as lead guitarist for my college's pep band, and just got an email that we're marching in some parade or something at the start of the year...so wonderin any of you guys every had an experience like this and how'd they set you up?

Man, if I'm gonna have to strap my big crate amp to my back, throw a car battery on top, plug in, and walk the most awful parade route of my life, I'll kill somebody
Haha I thought they were going to do this to me when I was a freshman in high scjool. I don't know how they would do that. Maybe a mini amp?
ChevelleFan77
TRYING IS FAILING WITH HONOR

There are better things in life man.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
lol, we don't have strings in our band.

Maybe you could have someone pull a cart with the amp on it.
Signature temporarily empty
Lmao, I got no idea, seriously...all I know is that I signed up to play guitar down in front about 5 feet from the cheerleaders, snag my pay check, get my college credit at the end of it and rock out. Who'd of thunk I'd have to march or anything. Seriously, standing up is a new ball game, imagine trying to walk in time with other folks while playing...
Good Luck. Put a chair on a wagon and fetch a little china man to pull you and your amp around.
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
haha i signed up for my schools talent show year before last and everyone thought i was so good the school decided to go ahead and play with a bunch of other cheeseballs for they're school dance -_-
Get someone to strap all your gear to their back and walk behind you.

Or rig up a large wooden plank on wheels and get a pack of cats to pull it like a sled.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by jeremessmore
my friend signed up for marching band to play guitar, the funny part is he doesn't do anything, maybe you could get one of those mini battery powered amps?

How would you hear a little practice amp during a parade?

TS, they'll probably have some kinda float type deal or rolling platform that they'll set you up on, I'm sure they're planning ahead.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
How would you hear a little practice amp during a parade?

TS, they'll probably have some kinda float type deal or rolling platform that they'll set you up on, I'm sure they're planning ahead.

I was thinkin that, problem with that is I have a massive tube amp, and if you've ever moved a tube amp while it was on you can see how riding on a float with it would be awful. Maybe they'll have a solid state one, or maybe I'll just bring an acoustic...but how lame would that look.
Quote by rossjohnson87
I was thinkin that, problem with that is I have a massive tube amp, and if you've ever moved a tube amp while it was on you can see how riding on a float with it would be awful. Maybe they'll have a solid state one, or maybe I'll just bring an acoustic...but how lame would that look.

your gonna be in a marching band parade and your worried about how lame your gonna look with a acoustic guitar??