so when an artist has one or two signature models from a company, and later decides to leave the company, what happens to the signature models? they'll stop production, right? but will stores (online as well) cut prices on those models? or will they leave the price or even raise it because of the limited stock?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
They become collectors' items, sold at obscene prices. Or at really cheap prices.

I am usually not very materialistic, but I hope that one day I will own a Tony Iommi Gibson SG with cross inlays going from 1 to 24.

EDIT:

If I had $3000 dollars to spare, I would buy this in a heartbeat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Tony-Iommi-Signature-Les-Paul-SG_W0QQitemZ200242827059QQihZ010QQcategoryZ47073QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Aug 3, 2008,
In Dean's case, they'd probably market your name for all it's worth.

Most of the time, they just stop production and sell the remaining guitars for a lowered price. In Dave Mustaine's case though, they continue production, give it a crappy inlay, and call it the Michael Paget signature.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
In the case of Eddie Van Halen and Peavey, they continued making the 5150 as the 6505, and the Peavey HP Special is supposed to be the Wolfgang replacement.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
alright, the man/guitar in question is michael amott (arch enemy) and his ESP ninjas. more specific speculation?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!