So, I figured I need a bass amp that's better than my Behringer practice box, and I've got around 500EUR to spend (that's about $800, I suppose). It'll be used for rehearsel and gigs (the band's got another bass amp for gigs). Main styles I'll play are classic rock, (punk-)reggae and, well, let's say nu-metal. Keep Rollin'Rollin'Rollin' ^^

I think I should go for a combo, although if a head would very much suit me better I'd just have to get a cabinet later and make do with some cheap Behringer cabinet. Or whatever you can suggest
I'll be using the Ibanez SRX590 and my next purchase will be a Fender J-bass as backup for the Ibanez. Ok maybe not just as a backup :p

I've listed my main options from the only good music store in my area. Here goes:

Hughes & Kettner BassKick 200
Ampeg BA 115 T
Hartke A100 Kicked
Nemesis NA 320 Head - I'll need a cab for under 100EUR

Any thoughts/suggestions/experiences?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I really like Ampeg BA115, it has smooth warm ass-kickin' tone. The 15" is veery powerul, you wont be disappointed.
Fender Stan. Stratocaster HSS 60th Anniversary
Squier Deluxe V-String Jazz Bass (active p-ups)
Peavey Valveking 112
Zoom G2.1u
...and my fingers

.: Music Heals :.
Yea, I forgot, what about Fender Rumble (325EUR)? There you go Fender Rumble
Peavey Valveking 112
Zoom G2.1u
...and my fingers

Well, I've heard lots of bad things about the Rumbles. Besides, Fender has never gotten much cred for bass amps so idk. I'm leaning towards the Ampeg, I think. Or perhaps the Nemesis. I always get the feeling Ashdown is more about power than about tone (because the 400 watt Ashdown is in the same price range as the 100W Ampeg, for instance). But thanks for the suggestions so far ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Man, if I were you, I would take that Ampeg. Its somekind of a classic :P 9 of 10 good bands own Ampeg. The sound range is absolutely amazing.
Peavey Valveking 112
Zoom G2.1u
...and my fingers

Although Ampeg is very highly regaurded because of it's all tube heads, the low end stuff is not supposed to be that good. I say Ashdown.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Rumbles arent that bad its just that the tone isnt the greatest but i have a sansamp and when i plug that in it sounds like a really expensive amp but honestly if you can get something else get something else as the rumble is just an OK amp,not bad but not great. if you have extra cash grab a sans amp
The thing about ampegs is you pay more for the name. The reason why Ashdowns are cheaper because they are a newer company. It's like a band that started out in the '60s and now is really famous today. If you went to see them in there first few gigs, the cost of tickets would be like $5. If you went to see the same band just last week, tickets might be around $50.
Quote by backupbass1
+1 to ashdowns

this guy knows his stuff
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by Yoorai
I really like Ampeg BA115, it has smooth warm ass-kickin' tone. The 15" is veery powerul, you wont be disappointed.

I have one, it rules. get one. its plenty loud, too.
my Acoustic AB50 (a 50 watt amp mind you) is powerful enough too cut through a Ampeg BA115.

I say Ashdown.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ok so I guess it will have to be, Ashdown :p
But I'm still checking out the Ampeg tomorrow just in case there's something about it

No-one recommends the Nemesis?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
never played one.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by bornfidelity
make do with some cheap Behringer cabinet.

Have you considered ordering online? You might get a better deal..... What size amps do you have to deal with when it comes to practice?
Well, I'm also into guitar so I'm in several bands atm; the band I play bass in has some Eden stack - I've never paid much attention to be honest, but I think it's a 4x12 cab - because their previous bass player kindof left it there.
Now, I just need an amp to put next to my drum set along with my guitar amp that I can use both for recording (so good/versatile sound!) and for rehearsing with the band I play guitar in (so my friend plays bass there, it should be able to compete with my drumset).

I was thinking about the Ashdown that, since it's only a 15", there wouldn't be much treble. Should I think about adding a treble boost on top of the combo perhaps?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I would suggest saving up just a little bit more (or get a loan of your parents, or something) and getting the Nemesis and a cabinet. You can't go wrong with Eden, top quality amps and are very versatile. Also, the head aren't heavy at all and neither are the cabs, so you won't bust your back carrying them around.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by bornfidelity
Well, I'm also into guitar so I'm in several bands atm; the band I play bass in has some Eden stack - I've never paid much attention to be honest, but I think it's a 4x12 cab - because their previous bass player kindof left it there.
Now, I just need an amp to put next to my drum set along with my guitar amp that I can use both for recording (so good/versatile sound!) and for rehearsing with the band I play guitar in (so my friend plays bass there, it should be able to compete with my drumset).

I was thinking about the Ashdown that, since it's only a 15", there wouldn't be much treble. Should I think about adding a treble boost on top of the combo perhaps?

I dont understand, why cant you just buy a nice head and play through the 4x12?? at least until you save up for your own cab?
Because the 4x12 is in Amsterdam whereas I am in Rotterdam halfway down the country (It's not a very big country though). I need something for at home.

So I went down to the store, they also had a Nemesis combo, and I compared it to the Ampeg and Ashdown, and, well, the Ampeg just beats them both hands down. The tube preamp does its job and the style selector seems at first glance to help me switch between metal and reggae in an instant, I like it. It just seemed to have more warmth than the other two. And I was afraid about no tweeter for the Ashdown, turns out the Ampeg's got a tweeter too. So in the end, I got it. :p

And it looks great tilted!

Thanks for the help everyone
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73